Sales Director or Associate
GALLERY SALES ASSOCIATE OR DIRECTOR
IMMEDIATE START DATE,
Comfortable using Gmail/Streak to track progress.
Current goals: a targeted push for organizing sales communications and replies as related to the existing client base and art fairs contacts. Constant cultivation of collectors and art consultants via phone and email. Travel and work at art fairs throughout the year. Contact with market dealers and appraisers for secondary sales, additional: Appraisals, Consignments & Loans.
The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of experience working in an administrative and sales support position in a commercial gallery, auction house, or similar arts-related setting, as well as proficiency with art database systems and sales tools like ArtLogic as well as knowledge of contemporary art.
This position will be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties supporting the Director.
The successful candidate must have impeccable attention to detail and follow-through; this role requires a highly organized individual who is capable of multi-tasking various priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The position requires a proactive person with experience meeting deadlines, administering and tracking projects, consignments and loans, as well as maintaining a travel calendar.
The successful candidate possesses an acute attention to detail; excellent written and oral skills, phone etiquette and polite demeanor are also essential.
The primary job responsibilities include again:
• Providing sales support by drafting correspondence and offers, monitoring auctions, updating sales tools, writing descriptions of artworks, and market research.
• Greeting Clients (or directing Interns) Taking phone calls, handling incoming/outgoing mail related to sales and museum activities, assisting with preparing exhibition materials, Creating sales offer previews for client presentations.
• Ensuring gallery publications are stocked and organized. as related to sales needs
• Basic upkeep of gallery spaces team to reflect high-quality representation and client treatment.
ONLY THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH THE BELOW QUALIFICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Art Administration, Art History, Auction House private course work or similar arts-related field.
• +2 years’ experience working in an administrative and sales support position in a commercial gallery, auction house, or similar arts-related setting
• Proficiency with Mac platform and software as well as Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Salaried position with, Full Benefits including health insurance, matching 401k programming, Min 2 weeks paid vacation plus additional paid time off up to 2-4 weeks minimum while gallery closed for break, paid holidays, health and wellness considerations, 38-hour workweek.
Additional benefits to be described upon interview.
RESUME, PLUS REFERRALS REQUIRED
Job Type: Permanent
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, arts administration, director, and sales. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Sales Director or Associate job: