Registrar and Shipping Manager
Kayne Griffin is seeking a full time Registrar and Shipping Manager.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized with excellent communication skills.
Must be able to remain flexible while managing a fast paced, high level of volume and complexity.
Attention to detail, the ability to multitask and ability to adapt to changing priorities are critical to this position.
We are looking for someone who will bring a positive attitude to our team-oriented organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of all gallery shipping: artist, post-sale / client, exhibition, and between on site and off site storage facilities; preparation and tracking oregistraarf all necessary shipping paperwork and receipts.
- Coordinate exhibition logistics, supporting the Senior Director- Programming and collaborating with the Logistics Manager.
- Support the Sales Team with organization of all client and viewing room deliveries, installations and de-installations.
- Management of the gallery database and associated records including all artwork updates, consignments, loan agreements and condition reports.
- Management of the gallery artwork storage, on site and at off site storage locations; working with the Logistics Manager to complete yearly physical audits.
- Support Logistics Manager with coordination for Art Fairs.
- Oversight of framing for all artwork.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of artworks overseeing conservation as needed.
- Generate art sales invoices, track and manage paperwork for necessary shipping records.
- Working closely with Senior Director – Operations on management of vendor payment.
- Associate / Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years experience as a Registrar or Shipping manager in the arts
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in art handling, shipping and storage.
- Knowledge of international customs and sales tax procedures is preferred.
- Experience working with artwork database systems such as Artbase.
- Proficient in MS Office and willingness to learn new programs is necessary.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please submit, via email, a résumé with a cover letter.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, manager, and registrar. States: California.
Please Share the Registrar and Shipping Manager job: