Receptionist / Office Assistant
Minnesota Street Project is currently seeking a full-time Receptionist / Office Assistant with expert customer service and organizational skills to join our team.
This position provides administrative office support to our team members, and is the first point of contact for visitors and clients who come to our main office.
The Receptionist / Office Assistant will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
• Open and close main office
• Keep reception area, conference rooms, kitchen, pantry, supply room, and all common areas clean and tidy at all times
• Operate and maintain office equipment and shared resources (i.e.: fax machines, printers)
• Coordinate, and sort, in-coming and out-going mail and shipments
• Schedule and manage conference room calendars
• Scan, copy, and file documents
• Certificate of insurance (COI) compliance and upkeep
• Maintain and update office policies and procedures
• Inventory, prepare orders, maintain, and distribute food and supplies
• Daily overview of shared calendar to best anticipate meetings, deliveries/receipts, and general staff availability
• Answer and direct phone calls and emails in a polite and friendly demeanor
• Keep detailed and accurate records of visitor and client requests and of calls received
• Greet, welcome, and direct visitors, clients, and vendors in a warm and friendly manner
• Provide general information to visitor and client questions
• Check-in visitors, maintain visitor logbook, and monitor parking lot and surveillance screens to ensure that office security and safety procedures are followed
• Initial point of contact for shared-office space tenants
• Reply to general information emails
• Maintain and update shared calendars, project schedules, and contact lists
• Attend gallery and event meetings, and other discussions and meetings, as needed
• Maintain communication with gallery tenants about upcoming exhibits, program, changes in opening hours, and personnel
• Assist in organizing, facilitating, and tracking temporary tenant information, and assisting with contract administration
• Coordinate a schedule of events for galleries
• Assist with collection of content needed for production and distribution of printed and virtual materials
• Order vinyl for Atrium exhibitions
• Assist Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Programming and Public Engagement, Director of Facilities, and Gallery Director with ad-hoc tasks
• Perform other related tasks as needed
• Available to work Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
• Outgoing, friendly demeanor
• Punctual with strong attendance history
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate both internally and externally
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and be a flexible team player
• Quick learner
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and other common computer applications, especially Word and Excel
• Typing experience, 50 wpm minimum
• Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
• Comfortable with client-facing interaction and public speaking to diverse audiences
• 2+ years of experience with customer service and relevant experience in an office environment
Please submit a single PDF that includes a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Receptionist / Office Assistant Last Name”.
No phone calls, please.
We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project.
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts, customer service, office assistant, and reception. States: California.
Please Share the Receptionist / Office Assistant job: