Full-Time Public Art Program Manager
The Elk County Council on the Arts is seeking an individual to fill the position of Public Art Program Manager.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, friendly, and have the ability to multi-task and quickly problem solve.
No artistic talent or ability is required, but an interest in the arts is preferred.
Non-profit, grant-seeking, education, and/or project management experience is preferred but not required.
Elk County Council on the Arts
Public Art Program Manager
Full – Time Exempt Position
$31,000 annual salary
Serves as the face of ECCOTA throughout the region, developing and maintaining relationships with local and regional partners, and with the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Primarily responsible for executing the Arts in Education (AIE) program and Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) granting programs. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Arts in Education Program
- Facilitate all activities related to Arts in Education partnership across a five-county region.
- Provide a minimum of one residency in each county/year
- Follow PCA guidelines for reporting and residency structure
- Implement the Poetry Out Loud program and oversee the regional coordinator
- Secure match money for residencies (when necessary), in conjunction with the Executive Director and Development Coordinator
- Attend PCA curated AIE partner functions/trainings/workshops
- Recruit and maintain a roster of diverse teaching artists
- Provide professional development opportunities for rostered artists
- Travel to meetings, workshops, and residency observations as required
Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts Granting Programs
- Facilitate all activities related to Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts granting programs across a seven-county region.
- Promote the program through information sessions, targeted marketing, webinars & workshops throughout the region
- Provide assistance to all program and project stream grantees and prospective grantees
- Attend PCA conferences and events
- Oversee the annual grant review process
- Coordinate annual check award ceremony
- Work evening events and one Saturday shift per month as needed
- Establish positive relationships with local and regional artists
- Assist with planning and execution of fundraisers, displays, exhibits, promotions, and educational programming
Pennsylvania Wilds Cooperative Administrative Support
- Act as the primary contact for basic questions about how the Wilds Cooperative works, membership status questions, etc., provide excellent customer service to members, returning calls and emails in a timely manner
- Compose and distribute weekly e-blasts to members
- Help maintain content on the Wilds Cooperative website
- Assist with jury sessions
- Complete additional tasks and special projects as contracted by the PA Wilds Center
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, execute the organization’s strategic plan, as developed by the Board of Directors
- Assist the Executive Director in developing, evaluating, and operating educational programs
- Identify, recruit, and develop relationships with instructors to develop class topics outside of the AIE programs
- Evaluate classes and assist in maintaining classroom space and materials
- Create marketing initiatives for educational programming
- Assist the Development Coordinator and Executive Director in researching and applying for educational project grants and funding
- Support and aid the volunteers of the Board of Director Committees and maintain materials
- Create and distribute monthly blog posts to ArtBeat(via eccota.com) and through local press
- Assist the Executive Director in gathering monthly programming, class and sales figures used in the annual aeportand grant applications
- Assist the Executive Director and Development Coordinator on an annual report template, and the distribution of the report
- Assist the Executive Director and Bookkeeper with the organization’s financial position including:
- Facilitation and regular review of financial information for PCA grants
- Creation of annual budgets for the PCA grant programs
- Compilation of information for the annual financial audit process
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Director
Please send a cover letter, resume, and minimum of 3 references to
Elk County Council on the Arts,
attn: Sara Frank,
237 Main Street, Ridgway, PA 15853
or email@example.com no later than February 28, 2020.
Full details and more about the organization can be found online: ECCOTA.com/employment
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts education, education, grants, manager, non-profit, public art, and recruitment. States: Pennsylvania.
Please Share the Public Art Program Manager job: