Full-Time Project Manager
Goodman Taft, a curatorial and art advisory firm, seeks a Project Manager (“PM”) based in our Cambridge, MA office to support the Principals and contribute to the global activities of our dynamic and growing firm. The person who fills this position will be an important part of our small team, and integral to delivering and expanding our client-focused service offering in the US and abroad. The PM will be a creative problem solver who anticipates challenges and works nimbly at all times to ensure obstacles are overcome by building close and collaborative relationships both inside and outside of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced contemporary art gallery, auction house, advisory firm or similar contemporary art context, with at least one year of project management expertise, ideally with multiple stakeholders. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in art history or a similar field, experience in the contemporary art world, excellent communication, research, writing, and organizational skills, and the ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment. Impeccable attention to detail, follow-through on all matters, and outstanding diplomatic and interpersonal skills are essential.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Lead the planning, execution, monitoring, control and completion of projects initiated by the leadership team. This will include managing the leadership team and colleagues to ensure we are working to established timelines and meeting deadlines and budgets.
o Projects will include artist commissions, client installations, special events, catalogue production and one-off initiatives, as well as ongoing support of auction prep and the organization of research trips and client travel.
• Create timelines and action documents for all projects.
• Maintain ongoing agenda of open topics related to each client/project.
• Run weekly team meetings to ensure all team members are meeting all project deliverables.
• Oversee and coordinate our team on large, multi-faceted public projects to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Document meetings and calls and disseminate recaps promptly.
• Manage and participate in discussions related to contractual details, design, marketing strategy and production meetings.
• Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for permits, approvals, and/or compliance on projects, as needed.
• Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to budgets.
• Provide additional support in team efforts to research and distribute materials from auctions, art fairs and exhibitions to our clients, as needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Exceptional attention to detail and comprehensive follow through are essential
• Extremely strong communication skills, verbal and written, and demonstration of not only IQ but EQ
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
• Proficient in the MS Office suite of programs including Powerpoint and Excel
• Experience with ArtLogic or similar database program
• The Adobe suite of programs, and Photoshop in particular
About Goodman Taft:
Goodman Taft is a curatorial and advisory firm with a focus on contemporary and modern art. Our multi-disciplinary platform and rigorous research-driven approach allows us to engage deeply and broadly with the art of the twentieth century through to that of the present. For more information, please see www.goodmantaft.com
Goodman Taft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.comJob Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, management, and manager. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Project Manager job: