Production Stage Manager
As a core member of Theater, Dance & Media’s (TDM) production department, the Production Stage Manager (PSM) is responsible for the supervision of all stage management activities. The PSM will report directly to the Production Manager and will have a support role in both production and administrative activities including, but not limited to assisting in the creation of production calendars and any other season planning documentation, as well as any student/over-hire stage management personnel.
The PSM will serve as the Stage Manager for TDM’s Fall and Spring Production Studio Projects, and for any special events connected directly to the curriculum. Additionally, they will provide Stage Management advising on TDM Student Senior Thesis projects.
An ideal candidate would be someone who communicates clearly and efficiently, manages confidential information with integrity, and someone who can lead TDM community members in getting work done efficiently and safely.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Stage Manager for both Production Studio productions throughout each academic school year.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and supervision of all guest Stage Manager(s), Assistant Stage Manager(s), Production Assistant(s), and Child Supervisor(s).
- Assists Production Management in creation and maintenance of TDM production calendars.
- Develop and implement departmental paperwork and procedures.
- Track and reconcile the stage management budgets.
- Be accessible to all visiting artists/faculty, performers and staff in rehearsal room and stage management matters.
- Attend and contribute to regular Production/Admin Meetings.
- Be an active participant in TDM’s work towards equity, diversity and inclusion and becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Attend all TDM Event Production Meetings throughout the school year as available.
- Maintain safe work conditions in keeping with Harvard’s health and safety guidelines and COVID19 protocols.
- Other duties as assigned
- Production Manager
- Artistic Producer
- Director of Administration
- Production Staff
- TDM Concentrators
- Director(s) of all productions throughout the academic term
- Actors of all productions throughout the academic term
- Designers of all productions throughout the academic term
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of working in an academic-based performing arts program with a sound grasp of industry standards
- Experience forming and managing relationships with guest artists, staff and over-hire personnel.
- Computer literacy including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Final Draft, and Google Suite products.
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Sound creative judgment.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure while multi-tasking.
- Must be available to work extended hours including nights and weekends.
- BA/BFA and 2 years experience working as a professional Stage Manager in large scale and complex productions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry guidelines
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an academic theatre setting, preferred.
- Experience working on a variety of projects; devised, new work, avant-garde, multimedia, American theater canon, preferred.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work quickly and accurately in a complex and fast-moving environment.
- Salary Grade: 055
- This position has an 8 week seasonal summer leave.
- Schedule will include night and weekend hours.
- Position is expected to work on-site on Harvard University’s Cambridge campus.
- All formal offers will be made by FAS HR.
Visit https://hr.harvard.edu/search-jobs with Req ID: 56605BR or visit sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPr…↗↗
February 10, 2022
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, production, stage, stage manager, and technical theater. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Production Stage Manager job: