Full-Time Production manager
ROCHESTER CITY BALLET
PRODUCTION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The production manager’s role is to facilitate communication between all staff and be the point person to ensure smooth production operations that will finish on budget. The PM will display a positive attitude and provide solutions to problems. Office includes fans of Dr. Who and dogs. The tea kettle is always on.
Tasks involved in this role include:
- Report to the Artistic Director & Executive Director regarding all aspects of performances & events involving the company tracking production expenses and reporting potential for overages.
- Facilitate communications between the Artist Director & Technical Director, Lighting Designer, Company Dancers, Parents, & Students. This includes all studio, event, & performance details; & fielding any & all questions, concerns, complaints, etc.
- Conduct meetings with, & supervise, the Production Committee, including volunteers and staff.
- Serve as the point person for HR documentation. Create & distribute Contracts to Guest Artists, Rehearsal Assistants, Production Committee members, & Technical Crew. Ensure that all signed contracts & W-9’s are collected. Process and sign timesheets and handle the initial paperwork for Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Coordinate & maintain the back stage area during all performances; this includes back stage etiquette, dressing room assignments. Work with wardrobe to prepare quick changes areas.
- Maintain and collect props for rehearsal and assist with packing props for theatre.
- Order & distribute pointe shoes, ballet slippers, tights, & supplies to all Company Dancers.
- Help prepare contracts for company dancers
- Secure travel for guest artists and company. Prepare per diem requests prior to guest artists’ arrival. Coordinate with development on housing and transportation. Order & prepare all gifts as appropriate for Guest Choreographers, Musicians, etc.
- Travel with the Company & serve as the main contact for RCB when on tour
- Schedule & conduct parent meetings when students are involved in RCB productions. Prepare parent handbooks explaining all details of what is required for each performance as appropriate.
- Coordinate & assist the Artistic Director, Ballet Master, & Ballet Mistress with annual Nutcracker Auditions.
- Prepare & assist with loading out of & into the studio for performances; this includes sets & scenery, costumes, props, dressing room supplies, paperwork, etc.
- Prepare the studios with the necessary tools for rehearsals to run efficiently – copies of music, floor marked with sets & scenery, practice props, etc.
- Prepare & maintain the Season Calendar of Events.
- Apply for & confirm Music & Royalty rights for performances.
- Arrange & schedule Physical Therapy for Company Dancers at the theater for all performances.
- Coordinate RCB rentals to other venues; this includes costume rentals, sets & scenery rentals, etc.
- Liaison between the school and RCB, keeping the School Office Staff informed of events/public knowledge so they can help field questions/inform parents, students, & guests
- Prepares, monitors, and submits payroll for all staff
- Ensures the proper and timely posting of communications, announcements, schedules and cast lists.
- Maintains accurate and updated personnel contact information for all staff.
- Attends work calls and performance calls at theatre and other run-out venues where dancers are called, monitoring administrative needs and responsibilities.
- Inform the AD and ED of upcoming deadlines and facilitate communications to ensure those deadlines are met.
- Ensure all music is prepared for production before production week and events
- Develop and supervise production budgets (including some facilities and artistic). The Production Manager will keep the ED apprised of the status of the Production budget on a regular basis; overall expenses may not go over budget without approval of the ED.
- Develop and administer production calendars and design deadlines for each production in conjunction with the AD. Determine load-in and tech schedules for the stage with the AD & TD.
- Guide all director/design teams through the design process to guarantee the timely completion of all designs. With the input of appropriate technical staff, analyze all designs submitted to determine feasibility of execution within the allotted time, money and personnel available.
- Maintain a safe work environment. Address safety hazards with appropriate personnel promptly.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of all shop, lighting, costume and sound equipment. Oversee all routine facility supply stocking as well as general facility hardware such as lamps and stage supplies such as tape.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds, speak on the phone, work amid noise, and climb a ladder.
Salary offer starts at $28,000 and includes a month’s vacation and five personal days. RCB pays for 50% of health insurance (the full bill is currently $346 a month) and 30% of dental.
Send cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the position along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
Please Share the Production manager job: