Full-Time Production Manager
Seeking Production Manager at Theatre Three
Reports to the Artistic Director
Category: Full-time job
Responsible for: overseeing implementation of production designs and facility maintenance
Supervises Stage Management, Production Apprentice, Over-hire and Temporary Staff
General: Ensure the successful implementation of production designs; create and maintain production calendars, work schedules, and maintenance schedules; act as the Resident Master Electrician for all productions; work in conjunction with the Technical Director to grow the various production departments’ shops, equipment, and budgets
Compensation: $28,000-$30,000 annually based on experience
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to
The position is slated to start late August or early September 2019
- Exceptional leadership and organizational abilities
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills in a dynamic, high-pressure show environment
- Able to exhibit appropriate professional and corporate demeanor, considerable tact and courtesy when interacting with members of the public in a variety of situations
- Ideally, would have excellent electrician and lighting skills, including but not limited to hang, cable, focus, programming, and troubleshooting standard, intelligent, LED, and DMX-protocol equipment and fixtures.
- Ability to create and maintain inventories for multiple departments, create and maintain budgets for productions
- Capacity to effectively and efficiently multitask, set priorities, shift priorities, and adapt to changes in situations
- Excellent communication skills between all areas of production, customers, and the public
- Experience with Windows based programs, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); with Mac based programs; and with technical production programs, including Qlab, iRFR, ETC family lighting equipment, and Jands Vista 2 equipment.
- Basic experience in maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and operations of lighting, video, audio, and communications systems and equipment
- Ability to read, draw, and interpret site diagrams, location maps, plots, etc.
- Capable of working at elevated heights, Able to life more than 50 pounds on top of scaffolding and extension ladders
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work as the Co-Department Head with the Technical Director with the following general delineations:
- Production Manager – Lighting, Sound, Costumes, Stage Management, Box Office, Administrative
- Technical Director – Scenic, Rigging, Warehouse Operations
- Overlap – Properties (assistance as needed for Apprentice), Projections/Video
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of live entertainment production and processes including theatre, dance, concerts, etc.
- Familiarity with implementation of union contracts (primarily Actor’s Equity Association)
- Schedule, workflow, personnel, and budget management abilities
- Work with the Technical Director and others to achieve the desired results in all technical aspects for a variety of events
- Maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the Theatre through the development and implementation of yearly preventative maintenance schedules and inventories.
- Perform or arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment as needs arise.
- Assist in determining any equipment needs for the Theatre and for events. Make arrangements for purchase or rental. Ensure that all Theatre or rental gear is accounted for before and after an event.
- Assist in determining the production labor required for events or work calls and schedule staff accordingly. Communicate event needs at production meetings. Delegate duties and ensure that a task is understood, supervised, and accomplished.
- Schedule, organize, oversee, and follow-up all weekly (or otherwise) full-team production meetings, breakaway design meetings, and other production staff meetings for all productions.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training of temporary or part-time technical staff as required. Follow through with the Company Manager with any new hire paperwork and payroll information.
- Communicate and coordinate production activities with other Theatre departments
- Act as a Manager on Duty as required, supporting the use of the venue by visiting companies, rental clients, third party vendors, and crew.
- Ensure that one’s self or a qualified representative can always be contacted for technical assistance in case of emergencies.
- Assist management in the development and implementation of Theatre policies and procedures.
- Set up, test, operate, and strike performance equipment when required
- Assist in the hiring, training, and mentoring of the Apprentices, in conjunction with the Company Manager and Technical Director
- Head of the Stage Management teams to maintain efficiency, quality control, and consistency across productions. Assist in the hiring of Stage Managers, Production Assistants, and backstage Run Crew. Oversee adherence to Theatre and Union practices and policies
- Ensure designs are submitted in a timely fashion, ensure appropriate hang from plots and paperwork, prepare for and oversee an efficient lighting focus, repair and replace equipment as needed during production runs, and maintain the integrity of the Lighting Designer’s vision during production runs
- Appropriate appearance and dress required at all times
- Available to work frequent long and varied hours including weekends
- Attend continuing education as recommended by management
- Report any unsafe working conditions or practices to management
Perform other duties as assigned
2800 Routh St. #168
Dallas, TX 75201Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: production and theatre. States: Texas.
Please Share the Production Manager job: