Full-Time Production Coordinator
The Production Coordinator supports the realization of performances, events and programs held within the Alexander Kasser Theater and the MSU Amphitheater as well as the ongoing maintenance of those facilities according to the mandate given The Office of Arts + Cultural Programming (ACP) by theCollege of the Arts at Montclair State University (MSU).
The Production Coordinator serves as a key member of ACP’s Production Department. The Production Coordinator is responsible for supporting the DoP in all aspects of running the department. This shall include providing administrative support to the DoP, while maintaining a place at the center of communications between production department heads, incoming artists, and other departments within ACP and MSU.
ACP is producer and presenter of MSU’s internationally acclaimed series PEAK Performances.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Oversee the administration areas of the production department including processing invoices,
tracking and reconciling expenses, and updating production calendars as directed.
● Provide Production Management oversight as designated by the DoP on large productions in specific
areas such as staging, lighting, sound, video, or special events.
● Provide production support for rehearsal, technical and performance periods as required.
● Assist DoP in future season planning, developing and monitoring production budgets, and creating
annual Alexander Kasser Theater calendar and production schedules.
● Assist coordination of guest production and performance schedules including the Department of
Theater/Dance, Cali School of Music, Cultural Engagement and Marketing Events as well as internal
and external rentals of the venues.
● Assist the DoP in the management of personnel safety and uphold safety policies and protocols for
all facility users in tandem with production department heads. Cover all primary day-to-day duties of
the DoP in their absence. These duties shall include but are not limited to: coordination of the
Production Department and Production Department heads, attending staff meetings, oversight of
production budgets, and acting as liaison with other departments in the unit and wider university.
● Collect and organize production/technical documents for incoming shows from producers,
performers or agents.
● Receive and evaluate off and on-campus rental requests for Alexander Kasser Theater, Kasser Studio
104 and MSU Amphitheater.
● Act as on-site liaison for all external rentals and campus events.
● Support facility management/repair issues including identification of needs and follow up on facility
● Interface with suppliers and vendors including freight, piano tuners, moving services, and others
● Manage tracking of comprehensive crew lists and schedule as well as internal labor timesheets for
temporary stage crew.
● Oversee stage supplies, repairs and annual maintenance on all Kasser equipment.
● Stocking and ordering of basic hospitality supplies for performance and production periods with
general oversight of backstage area, green room and kitchen.
● Coordinate with FOH during ACP performances and special events.
● Instill and nurture an inclusive, safe, efficient, and effective working environment in all production-
● Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Production.
● University retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
● Minimum of three (3) years of continuous professional experience with an institution or
company in the production or presentation of dance, theater, music, opera or performance art.
● College degree – BA minimum
● Ability to manage and synthesize multiple projects simultaneously
● Proven communications skills
● Open personality with team player abilities
● Pro-active problem-solving skills
● Flexible schedule, night and evening work in accordance with production and event schedules.
● Experienced with CAD, Vectorworks, MS Office Suite, Google Docs, etc.
● Provide three (3) professional recommendations with application as well as a cover letter
describing reason for interest.
● Previous work in a university setting
● Budget management experience
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one pdf file to the following link:Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts, coordinator, management, and theatre. States: New Jersey.
Please Share the Production Coordinator job: