Office of Visual and Performing Arts
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for a Production Coordinator.
This position reports to the Asst. Director of Production and Facilities to support a full calendar of productions and events held within the Winter Visual & Performing Arts Center, and the Ware Center.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
- 3 years of event and production management experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Experience in:
- general stagecraft.
- customer service.
- event planning.
- Ability to solve problems, handle multiple, complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a professional demeanor in fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Independent judgement, personal responsibility, and anticipatory thinking.
- Strong sense of diplomacy, responsibility, and tact.
- A high degree of integrity, adherence to confidentiality and have a high commitment to the University.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to pursue and adopt new ideas, information and technology, and process and summarize information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Agility to communicate effectively with people from varied social, educational, and economic backgrounds and demonstrate sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues.
- Work independently and become familiar with academic and office policies.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks
Compensation and Benefits:
Annual Salary: $40,900.00 plus comprehensive benefits starting on the first day of employment, with coverage for the entire year, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay 5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay 2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary at no cost to the employee
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are eligible
- Vacation leave– up to 11 days accrued per year for first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family member
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
For complete position description and qualifications, and to apply, go to jobs.millersville.edu/postings/8904 and complete a staff application.
All applications must be received by October 3, 2021. A cover letter and a resume will be required.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of the foundation for our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, coordinator, performing arts, production, and university. States: Pennsylvania.
Please Share the Production Coordinator job: