Part-Time Print and Studio Technician
Williams College Art Department is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for a Print and Studio Technician.
Reporting to the Chair of Studio Art, the Print and Studio Technician will oversee the maintenance and operation of the print studio, ensuring a vibrant, well-stocked, safe, and orderly space for studio members. The position includes facilitating the upkeep of the shop’s presses, tools, and inventory; training studio assistants to carry out day to day responsibilities; strong working knowledge of printmaking techniques including intaglio, lithography, relief, and/or bookbinding; an interest in envisioning and planning a green and sustainable print shop; promoting inclusive and interdisciplinary learning in its broadest sense.
Additionally, the Technician will work closely with members of other studio disciplines such as Architecture, Painting, and Drawing, in ordering and managing supplies. An energetic, positive, and patient presence, the Technician should have an enthusiasm for working collaboratively and effectively with students, faculty, and staff of varying skill levels and backgrounds.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should also highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community. Applicants should also provide brief descriptions of print shop experience (no more than one page) and samples of artwork.
● A BFA in the arts or equivalent, with at least two years’ experience in a print shop.
● Working knowledge of a wide range of printmaking processes including intaglio, relief, lithography, monotypes, and bookmaking.
● Interest in green alternatives to traditional printmaking techniques and materials.
● Managerial experience highly desired.
● Strong organizational skills with regards to studio inventory, and anticipating needs.
● Fluency with Material Safety Data Sheets and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with local/college and EPA standards.
● Excellent people skills; excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
● Patient and resourceful; enthusiastic and welcoming.
● Some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and evening hours are required.
This is a part-time (35 hrs. /wk.), academic year (10-month), regular appointment.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts. The college has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its approximately 2,000 students. Please visit the Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu). Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts, education, printmaking, and technical. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Print and Studio Technician job: