Contract Power California Visual Arts Residency 2020
The Visual Artist-in-Residence is a part-time contract position for an established California visual artist to integrate their art and creative thinking into Power California’s electoral organizing movement. The Visual Artist-in-Residence will create engaging, visual art for organizing and narrative campaigns that uplift the power of young people of color in politics. This role will bring visual arts expertise to our creative ideation around cultural strategies that engage young people, artists, influencers, and culture workers in social practices that address timely issues and policies. The Visual Artist-in-Residence’s works and expertise will allow Power California to build stronger bridges between artists, cultural workers, and youth organizers.
Term: March 2–December 15, 2020
Location: Anywhere within California
- Create visual content throughout the year that helps shift the dominant narrative and get young people excited about the 2020 elections and Power California organizing campaigns, like Vote at 16 and investing in our schools and communities
- Provide thought partnership and visual arts expertise to Power California’s cultural strategies
- Provides consultation on best ways to integrate art into mass organizing actions and field campaigns
2020 Deliverables and Services
- Suite of visuals (graphics, social media squares, icons, posters etc.) to advance Power California’s “Rights to the Future” framework
- Youth-centered visual designs and materials for digital and off-line distribution that advance organizing campaigns and issues
- Consultation for Power California team to integrate art into mass mobilization and organizing activities and events
- Visual arts expertise added to our brainstorming and ideation sessions to communicate and advance values and narratives about the power of young people and getting involved with Power California
- Evaluation of our existing visual content
- Consultation about distribution of work created
We’re Looking For…
- An established visual artist with a commitment to social justice centered visual art and Power California’s mission
- Prior work creating visual art as an instrument of positive community change
- Deep interest in creative projects that engage communities of color in progressive social change and cultural shifts, especially from an intersectional perspective, including LGBTQIA+ communities
- Experience in digital design; or, if your visual medium is not digital, expertise on digitizing your work
- Ideally, experience producing visual art for organizations, businesses, or institutions
Apply for the Residency
Click here to apply and you will be prompted to attach a resume, a statement about why you’re right for a residency at Power California, and 3–4 work samples.
Job Categories: Call for Artists!. Job Types: Contract. Job Tags: artist, arts, call for artists, graphic design, media, and social media. States: California.
Please Share the Power California Visual Arts Residency 2020 job: