Full-Time Patron Services Manager 00430
Patron Services Manager 00430
Pay Band: 4
Appointment Type: Full-Time
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this position is responsible for the satisfaction, safety and security of the more than 200,000 patrons that visit the center each season. In doing so, this position will direct a staff of 3 or more assistant house managers, 30 or more student area managers and more than 300 volunteers. The Patron Services Manager will create and implement all appropriate training materials along with a comprehensive program to ensure the highest level of customer service and guest satisfaction. As the point person for all events at the time of performance, the Patron Services Manager will liaise with University Events, CNU PD, Parking Services, Office of Advancement and the Office of the President. In addition, the Patron Services Manager will coordinate front of house duties with all other internal and external constituents that make use of the facility.
Ferguson Center for the Arts is the premier performing arts center in Hampton Roads. By fulfilling our mission of culturally engaging the community by providing easy access to the finest artists in the world, the Center is a significant bridge between the University and the community.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities (KSA’s): Required:
• Highly organized with problem-solving ability
• Ability to prioritize, set and realize goals
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage large groups of people
• Ability to work effectively as a leader in both team and one-on-one situations
• Working knowledge of the performing arts – music, theatre, dance, etc.
• Ability to effectively provide constructive criticism
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to supervise staff
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• Knowledge of non-profit organizational structures
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Familiarity with accounting principles
• Familiarity with employee training models
• Knowledge of electronic ticketing systems e.g. Tessitura
• Knowledge of digital scheduling platforms. e.g. EMS
Required Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification:
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Supervisory experience;
• Experience managing and coordinating complex events;
• Experience working with the public;
• Experience managing a budget.
Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Arts Administration or related field. FEMA ICS certification(s);
• Significant experience working in a performing arts environment;
• Significant experience working in a customer service environment as a supervisor
• Experience creating training programs;
• Prior experience as a House Manager or other leadership position in patron services;
• Experience developing reports.;
• Experience creating and documenting policy and procedures.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a classified position. New and returning classified employees are required to complete a 12-month probationary period;
This position includes Commonwealth of Virginia and CNU employee benefits;
Selected candidate must attend 2-day New Employee Orientation Program.
Christopher Newport University (CNU) will make a reasonable effort to accommodate persons with disabilities in the application and/or interview process. Persons with disabilities who require accommodation should contact the CNU Human Resources Office by calling (757) 594-7145 or TDD (757) 594-7938.
CNU will only accept online applications through the jobs.cnu.edu website.
Online applications must be received by midnight on the closing date indicated in a job announcement.
Faxed, emailed, hand-delivered or mailed applications and attachments will NOT be accepted.
Applicants are welcome to complete an online application by using computers located in the Office of Human Resources.
Address: CNU North – 301 Hiden Boulevard, Suite 101, Newport News, VA 23606.
Public computers are also available in nearby libraries and at the Virginia Employment Commission.
Address: 600 Butler Farm Road, Hampton, VA 23666 (M-F 9am-4:30pm).
Applicants who possess an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) or Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Card) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only), must attach these forms with their application, in order to receive credit.
Applicant finalists are required to complete a CNU sponsored background check. After accepting employment, individuals are required to complete a USCIS Form I-9 (employment eligibility verification) and present documentation from the USCIS List of Acceptable Documents that establishes both their identity and employment authorization to work in the United States. The provided documents will be verified through the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify website.
CNU, an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), is fully committed to access and opportunity.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, communication, manager, non-profit, performing arts, and theatre. States: Virginia.
Please Share the Patron Services Manager 00430 job: