• Position Announcement: Symphoria (Syracuse, NY) Orchestra Manager
• Reports to: Director of Operations
• Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
• Salary: $36,000-$42,000
The Symphoria Orchestra Manager is responsible for ensuring scheduling and production of all orchestral and chamber music events (concert, rehearsals, tours, run-outs, and special events) run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that scheduling and production of all Symphoria events run smoothly and in a financially responsible manner.
• Oversee all venue operations and coordinate activities with multiple constituencies, in a pleasant and professional manner, including staff members, presenters, and artists.
• Act as sole artistic liaison, completing and executing artist travel and lodging plans, and itineraries as well assist with coordination of media appearances.
• Generate timely expense reports as well as payroll reports for stagehands, track stagehand budget, and ensure that stagehand schedule and events orders are placed and correct.
• Assist in the rental or purchase of equipment as needed.
• Assist the other staff and Music Director with special projects as needed.
• Assist with coordination of Symphoria Education programs, including communication, sales, and scheduling.
• Other duties as assigned, including attendance at weekly and monthly meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Highly organized and self-motivated, with high degree of attention to detail.
• Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Salesforce knowledge is desirable.
• Ability to work as part of a team, including with external staff.
• Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure.
• College degree and/or advanced degree in music and/or arts management are required.
• 1-3 years of experience in concert production is required.
• Experience with symphony orchestra collective bargaining agreements is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of orchestral and chamber music repertoire is an asset.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references in one attachment with Symphoria Orchestra Manager in the subject line to JGarland@ExperienceSymphoria.org.
Interviews will begin in early November and continue until the position is filled.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, music, non-profit, orchestra, and performing arts. States: New York.