Full-Time Operations Manager
The Park Theater, the newest and oldest theater in Glens Falls, NY is searching for a Theater Operations Manager to join the team.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing entertainment venues, the capacity to oversee a theatrical facility and the ability to lead a front of house team to the highest level possible.
The Theater Operations Manager will report directly to the venue owner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the entire front-of-house department including concessions, security, etc.
- A point of contact for businesses looking to rent space for training, banquets, cooperate events, etc.
- A point of contact for customers searching for rental space for weddings, rehearsals, recitals, parties, etc.
- Act as a liaison for the Park Theater within the community by way of attending chamber mixers, Glens Falls Collaborative meetings, Glens Falls B.I.D. meetings, etc.
- Manage theater operations during performances and events, ensuring a safe and secure building and delivering the best possible service to each and every patron
- Act as the main contact for all patron requests and issues during performances and at the Box office
- Complete weekly reporting for the theater
- Complete weekly meetings with executive chef of commercial restaurant within the building, to assist in the creation of coordinated events.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming theatre, keeping an eye on detailed items needing repair or organization
- Perform general office administrative duties including ordering office supplies, handling mailings, printing postage, maintaining filing systems, coordinating HR paperwork, Union Reports and venue calendars
- Ability to fully understand and follow the intricacies of multiple collective bargaining agreements
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new staff and volunteer members
- Assist with special events as needed
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
- Coordinate with technical staff to ensure technical riders/ requirements are met.
- Advancement of shows
- Excellent personal communication skills with fellow employees, direct reports and the public with an oversite of marketing, etc.
- Skilled at effectively instilling a vibe and culture to a small staff who will in turn broadcast that vibe to patrons
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, solve problems quickly and work well under pressure
- Detail oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent Computer skills are essential with an emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Box office experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in theater management
- Experience operating an electronic POS system in a restaurant or bar is preferred
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position is a full time (non-union), salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Please place ‘Theater Operations Manager’ and your name in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: manager, office, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Operations Manager job: