Full-Time Adult Learning Center Hub Manager
• Department: ALC Adult Learning Centers
• Job location: Manhattan, New York
• Job type: Full-Time, Regular
• Job ID: 10339
The Adult Learning Centers (ALCs) are the direct service providers of ESOL and adult literacy instruction for the Library. They use professional teachers to offer free instruction to adult patrons in reading, writing, speaking and listening from a beginner to an advanced level. Through formal classes in language and literacy, as well as elective offerings such as English conversation and citizenship preparation groups, ALCs have taken on the charge to expand ESOL instruction in the Library.
Reporting to the Associate Director (ALC), the Harlem ALC Hub Manager will:
• Provide leadership at a hub that includes supervision and the professional development needed to ensure existing and new staff have the skills to deliver instruction according to the curriculum.
• Responsible for the data and reporting necessary to assure program goals are carried out.
• Implement new program initiatives, with a special focus on staff development appropriate for improving English language and literacy proficiency and basic numeracy instruction
• Maintain connections with Associate Directors and Library Managers and staff within a specified hub.
• Contribute to the development of a curriculum scope and sequence, and a training and support plan necessary to insure its implementation
• Schedule classes and arrange teacher schedules
• Work directly with NYPL staff and students, promoting and modeling effective instructional strategies, methods, and materials use, in a collaborative learning environment
NYPL Core Values
• Master’s Degree in TESOL, Adult Literacy, Linguistics, English, or other Education related focus
• Minimum five years teaching experience working in an adult education setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of research-based English Language and literacy instruction for adults in the early stages of language acquisition and literacy development
• Experience leading staff development related to teaching and learning strategies that integrate computer-assisted instruction and multimedia into the curriculum
• Demonstrated experience providing team leadership and supervision
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal standards for student achievement (NRS) and the standardized testing (Best Plus and TABE) necessary to document student gains
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Experience in teaching basic math and knowledge of systematic intensive alphabetics instruction preferred
• Demonstrated experience utilizing databases to track student information and progress
• Multilingual candidates preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, preferred)
• Office setting
• Public library setting
• Requires travel within NYC
• Limited physical effort is required
• Light lifting required
Starting Salary: USD $67,335.00/Yr.
Union / Non Union: Local 1930
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on line:
Search for job ID: 10339
Please Share the Adult Learning Center Hub Manager job: