Contract Musical Theater Teaching Artist
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is currently accepting applications from talented Teaching Artists to join The Center’s Arts Teach roster as a part-time independent contractor on a project that develops sustainable musical theater programs in public elementary schools. Through the process, teaching artists will help school staff and students build the skills necessary to produce a musical production.
If you are a musical theater educator interested in teaching your craft to novice elementary school teachers, we invite you to submit an application for audition consideration.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional experience and cross disciplinary skills in performing or producing musical theater. This includes: choreography, directing, performance, music direction, and/or design.
- Experience working as a Teaching Artist or Classroom Teacher, or teaching in a comparable environment.
- Experience working with elementary aged youth.
- Strong artistic classroom management skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills; willing and able to team-teach with fellow Teaching Artists and school staff.
- Experience working with diverse and high-need populations (preferred).
- Experience mounting MTI Kids/Jr. or similar shows (preferred).
- Proficient piano skills (preferred).
- Plan and prepare rehearsal activities that are exciting, challenging and process based.
- Collaborate productively, positively and efficiently with school teachers and partner teaching artist.
- Design rehearsal reports and calendars and guide the school team to create them independently.
- Instruct the school team on best practices of rehearsals, including show reports, production meetings, choreography/blocking maps, team building, warm ups and content creation.
Weekday afternoons as scheduled (approximately 2pm-5pm, September – March), and occasional full day trainings.
Orange County and Riverside County, California.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with the following email subject line: ARTS TEACH TEACHING ARTIST – MUSICAL THEATER
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Contract. Job Tags: arts center, education, music, school, teaching artist, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Musical Theater Teaching Artist job: