Museum and Gallery Services Sr. Manager→ El Segundo, California, United States
Masterpiece International was founded in 1989, in New York City, as a Customs Broker, Freight Forwarder, and Logistics Provider specializing in the transport of works of art and antiquities.
Masterpiece was built on the principle that all clients deserve exceptional, personalized service – and the company is still led by those values today. We Treat Every Shipment like a Masterpiece.
Over the last 25+ years, Masterpiece has developed a leading market position in Fine Arts logistics, serving museums, art galleries, art fairs and private collectors. Masterpiece has leveraged its unique expertise with complex air, ocean and ground shipments to develop a full suite of international logistics services, providing each industry customer with the same level of premier service it provides its Fine Arts customers.
Masterpiece International is a proud part of the Magnate Worldwide Family of Companies.
Responsible client relationship management and business development, forging and maintaining foreign agent relations, domestic vendor / division oversight and consulting, excellent customer service and management of files, records maintenance to ensure timely delivery of items and resolution of issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist department manager with operations issues including customer satisfaction, profitability, and interface with other Masterpiece offices.
- Anticipate needs of clients and seek out information to meet their demands.
- Timely completion of estimate requests including but not limited to the rating and booking of Airfreight, Sea freight and Ground transportation.
- Interface with clients, vendors, and government agencies as applicable including but not limited to Customs, BIS, TSA, USDA, FDA, USFWS and DOT.
- Set up and independently manage of export/import files including logging, file setup, documentation, communications, rating and billing with ability to meet deadlines from start to completion.
- Maintain files in organized fashion including copies of all documentation, communications, and other related items.
- Compliance with Masterpiece policies and procedures.
- Assist department manager as necessary with maintenance of quality vendor relationships.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of systems including, Outlook, Word, Excel and artWISE, Cargowise as applicable.
- Participate in conferences and meetings as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years industry experience.
- Experience with CBP (U.S. Customs and Border Protection) operations.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent skills for communicating and relating with both team members and customers.
The position is in an indoor, office environment, requires the ability to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors verbally and in writing, sit for periods of time, operate typical office equipment which requires seeing and the use of a keyboard.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- HSA match contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Employer paid short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k with Match
- Pet insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance
How to Apply
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: customer service, management, and manager. States: California.