Membership and Annual Giving Associate
Reporting to Associate Director, Membership and Annual Giving, the Membership and Annual Giving Associate will support the operations, fundraising, and donor relations of the Studio Museum’s general membership, corporate membership, and annual fund programs.
The selected candidate will lead the execution of targeted direct marketing appeals in collaboration with the Associate Director of Membership and Annual Giving and the Communications Department through all channels, including mail, email, and web/digital.
The Membership and Annual Giving Associate will have the exciting opportunity to help reimagine and grow the membership program in the lead up to the opening of the new building. This is an exceptional opportunity for a fundraising professional who is looking to grow in their career during a historically significant moment for a major New York City cultural institution.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Associate Director of Membership and Annual Giving, the Director of Development, and the Chief Advancement Officer to develop strategies for reimagining and growing the membership and annual giving programs in the lead up to opening the Museum’s new building
- Work collaboratively with members of the Development department to achieve and exceed annual fundraising goals while providing excellent customer service, which includes stewarding current Members through the fulfillment of membership benefits, and responding to current and prospective donors’ inquiries via phone and email
- Plan and coordinate events for Members in collaboration with Museum programming departments
- Assist with coordination and execution of all multichannel membership efforts including renewals, acquisitions, and upgrades
- Prepare acknowledgment letters, membership cards, and other fulfillment materials
- In collaboration with the Communications Department, produce electronic communications to Members (e-newsletters and event invitations), create membership content for Studio magazine (the Museum’s award-winning semi-annual publication), develop social media paid advertising and organic posts, and provide updated web content as-needed
- Assist with strategic planning and execution of two to four Annual Fund appeals annually
- Report on membership data to the Development team on an ongoing basis
- In collaboration with database consultant, maintain clean Member data in Raiser’s Edge
- Manage the Department’s inventory, including the stock of Member gifts, direct mail supplies, and postage needs
- Discretely handle proprietary, sensitive, and confidential information as it relates to Museum donors and their contributions
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, professional, discreet and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, and donors
- Dedication to quality control and ownership of job responsibilities
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word), and Raiser’s Edge
- Self-starter with a keen attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Professional museum experience and/or an interest in furthering the Studio Museum’s mission
- Available to work events on evenings and weekends as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Two to four years relevant experience
Core Values :
- Commitment (Core Value) – Commitment to the mission and values of The Studio Museum in Harlem
- Collaboration (Core Value) – Works well with others at all levels of the organization as well as with key external stakeholders (if applicable to the role)
- Initiative (Core Value) – Takes self-directed, appropriate action to influence outcomes and/or drive progress and positive change
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is indoors and requires the majority of time working on a computer
Team member may need to lift ~20 lbs. occasionally
- This position is non-exempt
- Fast-paced environment with varying levels of guests and employees present
- Office locations are wheelchair accessible, with elevators in the building; other accessibility accommodations can be further discussed
- Office desks include acrylic partitions, and the Museum adheres to COVID-19 safety guidelines as mandated by New York City and State
Salary range is $50-55K and is commensurate with experience. The Studio Museum in Harlem also provides a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, a retirement account, and substantial vacation time.
The position is open until filled. Send resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Membership and Annual Giving Associate ” in the subject line of your email.
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this job description describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Annual Giving, fund-raising, giving, Membership, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Membership and Annual Giving Associate job: