Full-Time Master Carpenter
The Master Carpenter is a seasonal contract employee serving under the direction of the Technical Director during the production schedule for the 2019-2020 Season.
Duties will include but not be limited to scenic carpentry, rigging, painting, load-in, strike, shop organization and maintenance and other duties as required.
Work schedule will be determined by the Technical Director and may adjust as needed but the schedule will typically be daytime weekday hours.
The Master Carpenter will support and adhere to all policies and procedures of the Springer Opera House and be an advocate for the Springer in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the integration of production elements onto the stage, including specific responsibility to scenery, properties, and all rigged elements
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safe practices and procedures
- Oversee and organize crews for all performance needs
- Oversee and perform scenic and properties maintenance for all shows
- Working with the Technical Director, supervise and/or implement all rigging needs
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance, and safe operation of, the stage space, fly system, and other production elements
- Attend production meetings as directed
- Oversee and run scene transitions and production changeovers as needed.
- BA in Technical Theatre or equivalent 3-5 years experience working in a theatrical scenic environment
- Working knowledge of all aspects of theatrical rigging.
- Experience with all theatrical elements, including lighting and sound
- Ability to read ground plans, sections, and other theatrical plans
- Ability to lift and carry 60 lbs daily
- Valid Driver’s license
This is a 9 month position, paid weekly. Salary commensurate with experience.
Email Resume and Portfolio to email@example.comJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: carpentry, opera, scene shop, and technical. States: Georgia.
Please Share the Master Carpenter job: