Full-Time Managing Director
Title: Managing Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Full Time Permanent/Exempt Position to start immediately. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Must have experience in theater administration. Knowledge of QuickBooks Online essential; fund-raising and grant writing experience highly desirable as is experience working with a Board. Experience with PatronManager also desirable.
Quintessence Theatre Group (QTG) seeks a Managing Director to oversee, implement and ensure sustainability of QTG’s operations, programs, finances, and community support. The Managing Director works with the Board of Directors to ensure the programmatic and operational integrity, viability and excellence of the theater company. She or he will work in partnership – and as a peer – with the Artistic Director in the company’s organizational structure. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director plays a critical role in the exciting expansion and growth of an award-winning professional classic theater company located in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Northwest Philadelphia.
- Direct QTG’s administration, finances, company management, audience services, marketing and communications.
- Implement systems for reporting and record keeping that support a rapidly growing organization.
- Supervise all staff, excluding the Artistic Director who reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Pursue fund-raising opportunities including grants, corporate sponsorships and individual donors.
- Oversee community relations, including all outreach programs.
- Work closely with Artistic Director to sustain artistic excellence and enhance audience experience.
- Negotiate contracts with actors and designers; ensure that all AEA requirements are fulfilled and that reports are submitted on time.
- Provide staff support to Board of Directors so that Board meetings are productive and committees operate efficiently.
- Manage all QTG finances including:
- Paying all bills and invoices
- Tracking accounts/payable and accounts/receivable
- Preparing month-end reports and financial statements
- Processing weekly payrolls and direct deposits, payroll liabilities and W2 reports
- Managing relevant taxes to various jurisdictions
- Preparing materials for annual audits.
Quintessence Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment of the provision of services or any other category protected by law.
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Patricia Stranahan, Managing Director, at Resumes@quintessencetheatre.org with “Managing Director” in the subject line.
Candidates invited to interview will be asked to provide 3 references.
No phone calls please.
Interviews will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
About the Quintessence Theatre Group:
Founded in 2009, Quintessence Theatre Group is the only professional theater company in culturally and economically diverse Northwest Philadelphia. It is a member of Actors’ Equity Association.
We fulfill our mission by re-envisioning the classics for present-day audiences while remaining true to the epic scope and poetic text. This approach attracts both nationally recognized and local actors who find challenge and inspiration in Quintessence’s thought-provoking and innovative productions. We encourage young actors to train with and work alongside seasoned actors as an ensemble, and try to hire casts that reflect the demographics of our community, which is 41 percent African-American. We strive for inclusiveness through flexible ticket pricing so theatergoers at all income levels can attend. A robust outreach program introduces thousands of children under 18 to the classics through family-friendly productions, interactive school workshops, and student matinees with talkbacks.
Learn more at www.quintessencetheatre.org
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quintessence Theatre Group is an EOE/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please Share the Managing Director job: