Full-Time Manager of Donor & Community Relations
Reporting to the Co-Directors, the Manager of Donor & Community Relations serves as a key team member, developing strategy and executing plans to build JACK’s relationships with donors, the local community, and stakeholders throughout the arts, activist, and philanthropic sectors.
The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build JACK’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
The individual will also design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
- Collaborate with JACK’s Co-Directors to promote interest and convey information regarding JACK’s programs to community leaders, community service groups, local residents, and the general public;
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at consistent communication, expressing gratitude and cultivating deeper ties with donors;
- Develop and execute JACK’s annual individual donor fundraising plan;
- Secure financial support from individuals (and corporations, as appropriate);
- Support the Co-Directors and Board members on all major fundraising initiatives;
- Experience and talent in building relationships with people from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. This experience could be through community organizing, producing, fundraising, etc;
- A passion for connecting with new people and engaging in person;
- Exceptional organizational, written and social communication skills;
- A strong candidate will have the skills to both conceive and take the lead on projects;
- Ability to thrive in both group settings and independently;
- Imaginative and resourceful;
This is a grant-funded position with a starting salary of $50,000 plus health benefits.
The position is full-time.
Due to COVID-19, the job will likely be a mix of remote and in-person for the first six months.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position start date is anticipated for March 2021.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in this position (PDF format preferred)
to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “MDCR” followed by your last name in the subject line.
In the file name of your resume and cover letter, include your last name (e.g. “Chisholm Resume” “Chisholm Cover Letter”).
We strongly encourage individuals that have not been historically represented in the arts sector to apply.
JACK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, communication, community, and development. States: New York.
Please Share the Manager of Donor & Community Relations job: