Full-Time Manager of Donor & Community Relations
JACK is a non-profit Obie Award winning performance meets civic space located in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. Founded in 2012, JACK was created to fuel experiments in art and activism, collaborating with emerging artists and neighbors to build a more just and vibrant society. We present over 150 shows a year in theater, dance, and music as well as hold conversations that are vital to the local community. Led by Co-Directors Alec Duffy and Jordana De La Cruz, JACK’s programming primarily features artists of color and those dedicated to our collective liberation.
Reporting to the Co-Directors, the Manager of Donor & Community Relations serves as a key team member, developing strategy and executing plans to build JACK’s relationships with donors, with the local community, and with stakeholders throughout the arts, activist, and philanthropic sectors. In partnership with the Co-Directors, the individual is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build JACK’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The individual will also design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
- Develop and execute JACK’s annual fundraising plan;
- Support and partner with the Co-Directors and Board members on all major fundraising initiatives;
- Secure financial support from individuals (and corporations, as appropriate);
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at thanking, regularly communicating with and cultivating deeper ties with donors;
- Maintain all donor information;
- Work with JACK’s Co-Directors to promote interest and convey information regarding JACK’s programs to community leaders, community service groups, local residents, and the general public.
- Experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives;
- The ideal candidate will have experience with local community organizing and/or activism.
This is a grant-funded position with a salary of $50,000 plus health benefits. The position is full-time. Due to COVID-19, the job will likely be a mix of remote and in-person for the first six months. Rolling applications will be accepted throughout the fall and the position start date is anticipated between December 15, 2020 and January 15, 2021.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in this position (PDF format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “MDCR” followed by your last name in the subject line.
In the file name of your resume and cover letter, include your last name (e.g. “Shirley Chisholm Resume” “Shirley Chisholm Cover Letter”).
In addition, please include a list of three references.
We strongly encourage individuals that have not been historically represented in the arts sector to apply. JACK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: community, development, finance, fund-raising, manager, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Manager of Donor & Community Relations job: