Full-Time Major Gifts Officer
Like live music? Building relationships? Working in an open office and dynamic working environment? Work with SFJAZZ. Our Development team is hiring a Major Gifts Officer.
The Major Gifts Officer plays a critical role in increasing individual donor support, overseeing the solicitation of annual Leaders Circle gifts up to $25,000, with some gifts earmarked to SFJAZZ Education, SFJAZZ Gala packages, and planned gifts. Success will include creating a strong vision with donors of the impact that their investment can have on jazz music, through both personal communications and direct marketing approaches.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million Center launched in 2013 and the 35-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2018-19 Season is more than $18 million with more than half coming from ticket revenues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Actively develop individual moves management plans for a portfolio of approximately 100Leaders Circle Members that give up to $25,000 annually, including solicitation of annual fund, Gala, and designated campaign gifts.
- Identify and cultivate a portfolio of at least 20 prospects with an emphasis on securing new gifts through both direct marketing and one-on-one engagement;
- Secure 2-4 planned gifts annually from existing donors;
- Set, manage, and meet aggressive targets for annual gifts, developing an effective pipeline to the major, campaign, and planned gifts program.
- Track cultivation and stewardship activities for your portfolio in the Tessitura database.
- Work with the Individual Giving Director, Development team, and other key SFJAZZ Artistic, Operations, and Production staff to produce special events such as receptions at concerts, salons, meet and greets, and our annual gala.
- Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Artistic Director, Director of Development, and Individual Giving Director in creating donor/prospect briefings, proposal materials, and other major donor communications.
- Support the Major Gifts Committee and other select Trustees in the cultivation and stewardship of their designated prospects for Annual Fund and campaign goals;
- Represent SFJAZZ in the concert halls and in the community, and at donor events.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Two to three years fundraising experience with a focus on individual donors.
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute a major gifts program, including annual giving campaigns, special events, and direct and personal solicitation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Extensive donor database experience, knowledge of Tessitura highly desired;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and a working knowledge of search functions for donor research purposes;
- Superior interpersonal skills, engaging professionally with volunteers, colleagues, and donors.
- Available to work weeknights and weekends, often multiple times per week.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner;
- Respect for confidentiality of donor information and a strong sense for donor ethics;
- Strong work ethic, professional manner, and appearance in representing SFJAZZ;
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications, excellent benefits, and a dynamic, casual San Francisco office. Evening work is often required.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to a diverse and harmonious workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, submit resume and cover letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
SFJAZZ Mission Founded in 1983, SFJAZZ is a recognized international leader in jazz creation, presentation, and education. SFJAZZ explores the full spectrum of jazz, from the music’s origins in the Caribbean Basin and African American community to its diverse present-day expressions around the world. As a nonprofit organization, SFJAZZ works to develop the audience for jazz in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. SFJAZZ celebrates jazz as a living art form, built on a constantly evolving tradition.
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Reports To: Individual Giving Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: gifts, management, music, and office. States: California.
Please Share the Major Gifts Officer job: