Temporary Live In Resident Advisor
Employer: Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School
Position: Live-In Resident Advisor (5-week Summer Program)
Duration: 5 Weeks- June 24-July 27, 2019; Move-in- June 18th; Training- June 19th-21st
Position Type: Temporary/Contract
Date Open: January 2019
Date Closed: until positions filled
NATURE OF WORK:
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School (PBT School) Intensive Summer Program (ISP) is a five-week summer program for approximately 225 ballet students age 12-22 from across the country and abroad. Each year, approximately 140 out-of-town students are housed in the Chatham University dormitories. PBT School seeks 4-6 Live-In R.A.s for Fickes and Woodland Halls for the duration of this program. R.A.s will be on-duty while the students are on campus and participate in an on-call rotation when they are at the studio. Each R.A. will have one day off per week.
Under direction of the Housing Director you will provide supervision for the residents within Fickes and Woodland Halls. The R.A. is a vital link between his/her residents, the PBT School Office and university staff. R.A. responsibilities include: helping to develop a sense of community; leading social events and activities; enforcing PBT School, University, and residence hall policies; communicating with parents; mediating issues with roommates, competitiveness and homesickness; and taking the lead in crisis situations.
Specific Job Skills and Expectations:
- To provide supervision, support, and leadership to all residents
- To foster interpersonal skills, appreciation of individual differences, and responsibility
- To clearly communicate and consistently enforce all policies and procedures
- To ensure resident safety and security in the residence halls, at PBT Studios, and during off-campus excursions
- To be visible and available to their residents while on-duty.
- To serve as chaperone during off-campus excursions.
- To plan and execute on-campus activities for residents.
- Share in the responsibility of an on- duty and on-call coverage rotation, including both day and night shifts. The R.A. on-duty is required to remain in the residence hall.
- R.A.’s must know, support, implement and abide by PBT and University policies and regulations.
- R.A.’s must accept the building and room assignment given by the PBT School Office and acknowledge the right of the PBT School Office or University Residence Life Department to make any changes in assignment as necessary.
- R.A.’s will comply with the guidelines established by PBT School Office, this position description and the University policies.
- R.A.s report directly to the Housing Director, and School Office staff while maintaining a close working relationship with the University Residence Life Department.
- It is the expectation of PBT School Staff that R.A.’s will work the entirety of the program, and avoid scheduling other events during the program.
- Abide by and consistently enforce all PBT, University, Residence Life policies, and state laws.
- Assist the custodial staff in keeping hall facilities functional for the use of all residents.
- Investigate and report room, hall, and public area damage.
- Assist with reports as required.
- Assist in performing administrative duties. These include completing room rosters, distribution of information, and assisting with resident check-in and check-out each day. This will involve remaining in the building until closing
- Make referrals to Housing Director and PBT School Director of Operations in disciplinary matters.
- Attend and actively participate in all meetings
- Be thoroughly familiar with all emergency procedures.
- Perform other administrative duties and expectations as directed by Housing Director or PBT School Director of Operations
- Complete all documentation forms as instructed by the Housing Director.
- Will receive a $2,500 stipend for the duration of the five-week program.
- Will receive a private room at no cost to RA
- Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Mon-Sat; Sundays, brunch only. (Mon-Sat lunch available at PBT)
Interested candidates should email a résumé and cover letter, outlining their qualifications and interest in the position to: email@example.com
Telephone: 412-667-2507 for any questions.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates over the age of 21. Experience working with adolescents in a residential or camp setting is strongly preferred.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: administration, assistant, ballet, and school. States: Pennsylvania.
Please Share the Live In Resident Advisor job: