Full-Time Lighting Supervisor
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
The Lighting Supervisor oversees and is responsible for the planning, execution and upkeep of all lighting, projection, special effects for all productions and special events. This position also recruits, trains and contracts all lighting employees including full time staff, Spot operator and deck electricians.
- Ensures the safe and on-time delivery of all lighting, video, and special effects needs for productions and special events.
- Manages the safe, timely and economical installation, maintenance, improvement and organization of all lighting and video equipment systems.
- Manage inventory, expendables and labor budgets for Lighting and Video.
- Acts as resident video and projection expert and trains other staff on hardware and software as it pertains to the execution of projection designs.
- Trains, schedules and supervises lighting and video crews for all productions and events.
- Assists in the planning of production logistics for load-in, strike, and changeovers.
- Designs lighting for Zach events, and fundraisers as needed.
- Tracks shop and production budgets as they pertain to Lighting and video.
- Process Paylocity time sheets & negotiate pay rates for lighting crew.
- Participates in establishing and enforcing safety practices in all venues and ensures that employees are trained as required by applicable standards. This includes participation in the annual Production safety training.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, team-building and command skills.
- Demonstrated multitasking, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to supervise crews on simultaneous projects across multiple venues.
- Ability to interface with guest artists and resident staff to forward organizational and artistic goals.
- Ability to anticipate and address challenges that span multiple departments.
- Ability to design and implement stage lighting, video and special effects for productions, rentals, concerts, and special events.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to be detailed when typing and proofing materials.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Production.
- Assists other departments as needed.
- Perform all work with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Expected to climb ladders, work at height, and lift and carry up to 60 pounds
- Works nights, weekends and holidays as required. Schedule changes weekly.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to tell differences among colors.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or education & experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- At least three years of supervisory experience in lighting at a professional regional theatre.
- Tour experience is recommended
- Valid drivers license and dependable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment and systems, including conventional instruments, scrollers, automated lighting, LED technology, special effects, AC and DC electrical systems, single and three-phase power distribution and wireless control.
- Working knowledge of theatrical design and theatre history and of different venue types with varying production schedules.
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks, Lightwright, QLab, MS Office and Windows.
- Demonstrated skills in the troubleshooting, repair and improvement of lighting, projection, and special effects equipment.
- Knowledge of pyrotechnics, special effects, and flame special effects
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation and programming of theatrical lighting consoles and projection systems.
- Ability to be organized and efficient in the planning and implementation of stage lighting, video and special effects for productions, rentals, concerts, and special events.
Qualified applicants should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Apply for this Job