Full-Time Lecturer(s) in Theater, Dance & Media
The Committee on Degrees in Theater, Dance & Media seeks applications for three lecturers in any of four possible areas: somatic practices/physical theater; songwriting for theater; design for performance; contemporary global performance.
One lectureship will be full-time, teaching four courses per year (usually two courses each semester). Two lectureships will be part-time, teaching two courses per year (either one each term, or two courses in one term). All three positions are for three years, with the second two years contingent on a satisfactory performance review during the first year.
Appointments may begin on July 1, 2020 or January 1, 2021.
- Teaching courses in the specified area. Courses may range from studios or workshops to traditional lecture or seminar formats to hybrid courses. Course topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Somatic Practices/Physical Theater: Laban, Viewpoints, Lecoq, Suzuki, Alexander Technique, Dalcroze, improvisation, clowning, mime, commedia dell’arte, Noh, stage combat.
- Songwriting for Theater: songwriting; musical theater composition; contemporary musical theater.
- Design for Performance: lighting, scene, costume, sound, property design, in practice, in theory, and historically; theater architecture; performance installations.
- Contemporary Global Performance: contemporary performance, particularly beyond the United States; intersections between performance and contemporary political or social problems.
- For applicants in the first three areas, professional contributions to a department production in the applicant’s area of expertise (e.g., movement consulting, composing original music, designing sets) may, on occasion, count as a contracted course.
- Advising students in Theater, Dance & Media, including thesis advisement and evaluation.
- Serve on Theater, Dance & Media and University Committees as needed.
How to Apply
For more information and application submission, please visit: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: dance, faculty, media, performance, teaching, theatre, and university. States: Massachusetts.
Please Share the Lecturer(s) in Theater, Dance & Media job: