Learning Programs Manager
TheatreSquared seeks a Learning Programs Manager to assist in the planning and execution of the theatre’s far-reaching education and outreach programs.
The preferred candidate will bring flexibility, vision, energy, a collaborative approach and persistence to this position.
Reporting to the director of education and program development, this key staff member will help to answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
The Learning Programs Manager will:
- Assist the Director of Education in scheduling and planning all education and outreach programs, including the annual school tour and summer academy.
- Assist in creation and documentation of educational curriculum for all education programs, aligning programs to the Arkansas Fine Arts Academic Standards for Theatre.
- Teach classes and workshops as assigned.
- Assist in the hiring, contracting and training of seasonal and temporary employees in the education department, including part-time teaching artists; manage on-boarding process including background checks and child welfare protocol training.
- Observe teaching artists to provide feedback; provide mentorship for new and established teaching artists, apprentices and interns. Oversee the Teen Council selection process, trainings, meetings and crew assignments.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed for a clean, safe, secure, inclusive and healthy environment for program participants. Monitor accessibility for all education and outreach programs. Coordinate, conduct, and disseminate program evaluations and analyze assessments to improve program quality.
- Interface with other departments, including Box Office and facilities, to execute on-site education and outreach programs. Liaise with Box Office to coordinate group ticket sales for field trips and special educational performances.
- Assist the Director of Education in creating an annual budget for Education Programs; supervise monthly budgetary tracking and reporting, including current financial results and budget performance forecasting. Monitor and document program budgets, including receipt tracking and reporting.
- Assist with day-to-day administrative needs of the program, including corresponding with students, parents, classroom teachers, school administrators, teaching artists and program partners to assess needs, anticipate modifications and set expectations; resolve and troubleshoot any issues that arise before, during and after the delivery of programs.
- Assist with Education Programs marketing needs; writing class description copy for marketing materials, and coordinating video and photo documentation of programming. Respond to requests for information, programming data, etc. including facilitating and collecting testimonials, quotes and letters from program participants to be used in arts education advocacy and funding reports. Assist the Director of Education, working with the Development Department, to provide program narrative and budgets for grant proposals.
- Help to develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships and cooperative relationships within the theatre and with outside organizations. Represent TheatreSquared at public and private events and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support TheatreSquared’s education and outreach mission.
Preferred candidates will bring meaningful experience as a teaching artist, in youth program planning, and in developmental and education theory; will be detail-oriented with excellent communication, project management and supervisory skills; and have proficiency with budgeting and constituent management. The candidate will be able to work with varied personalities and youth of all ages and be able to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity. Knowledge of the Arkansas Fine Arts Academic Standards for Theatre, as well as formal training and professional theatre experience, are helpful but not required.
To apply, submit a cover letter, employment resume, and references by visiting theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/ .
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company’s goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This permanent, full-time, exempt position includes an annual salary in the range of $35-$40,000, commensurate with experience, and full benefits. These benefits include health; dental; paid time off; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k).
We believe that theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities. At the theatre, in schools and online, we create remarkable performances; broaden access; foster empathy, equity and cohesion; and gather with one another around art, conversation, food and other shared experiences in a welcoming, inclusive space.
THE COMPANY & REGION
TheatreSquared’s signature offering of bold new plays in an intimate setting has driven its growth to become the state’s largest theatre, offering more than 300 performances annually and operating on a $6 million annual budget. The playwright-led company is one of mid-America’s leading laboratories for new work, having launched more than 60 new plays. Its work has received critical acclaim from The New York Times (“Best Theater of 2020” list), The Wall Street Journal (“an outstanding drama company”), NPR’s All Things Considered, and the American Theater Wing, founder of the Tony Awards.
TheatreSquared’s home—winner of the 2020 American Architecture Award and the AIA NY Honor Award—is a cultural landmark. T2’s hometown of Fayetteville is annually ranked among the top ten US News and World Report “Best Places to Live,” a progressive, bike-friendly, and scenic college community near several Fortune 100 world headquarters. TheatreSquared’s remarkable expansion—with a twentyfold increase in audience in just the past decade— parallels the emergence of its home region as a booming population center and destination for American art.
Offering far-reaching access and education programs and an open-all-day gathering space, TheatreSquared remains rooted in its founding vision, that “theatre—done well and with passion—can transform lives and communities.”
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: curriculum, education, learning programs, manager, outreach, and theatre. States: Arkansas.
Please Share the Learning Programs Manager job: