Temporary Jazz Residency program
Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning (JCAL) Jazz Residency program is offering a residency for international musical artists interested in completing projects that may utilize New York City as vital inspiration.
It will culminate in an appearance at the Jamaica Downtown Jazz Festival in July.
The residency offers:
- free three-month rehearsal studio time in the newly renovated acoustic studio in Jamaica Arts Center, Queens, NY (ideally between April and June)
- mentorship from renowned New York jazz drummer Pheeroan akLaff
- work-in-progress showing at the Jamaica Arts Center Gallery
- appearance in the Jamaica Downtown Jazz Festival (July)
The residency DOES NOT offer:
- airline ticket(s), housing, or local transportation
- stipend or compensation for public performance
- Visa application support
- Artists must be between 18 and 35 years old
- Artists must submit audio and video materials for the jury to review
- Artists must display experience working in collaboration with other music-related artists
The residency selection is a juried process. Artists demonstrating exceptional scope by applying their talent to world concerns will be considered first. Applications must be submitted through the online platform through submittable.com
Selected artists will be encouraged to 1) solidify funding for all expenses related to the residency; 2) list of any sponsors related to the support of the residency.
Deadline: September 30, 2019
Job Categories: Call for Artists!. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: artist, arts, arts center, call for artists, and music. States: New York.
Please Share the Jazz Residency program job: