Full-Time Instructor of Theatre Design and Technology
Type of Assignment: Full-Time Faculty
MiraCosta College’s Theatre and Film Department invites applications for one equity-minded, full-time (10 months per year), tenure-track faculty position beginning in August 2020.
Principle responsibilities include teaching theatre design and technology courses, mentoring students, and providing departmental leadership in design and technical theatre. The person selected will share leadership roles with other full-time instructors in coordinating and developing curriculum and using culturally-responsive pedagogical techniques and in coordinating the overall program.
Initial salary placement is based on education and experience and ranges from $75,755 (class I, step 1) to $126,821 (class VI-doctorate, step 10) on the 2020-2021 Annual Salary Schedule.
To view the Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule, please go to http://www.miracosta.edu/hr/downloads/2020-2021_FacultySalarySchedule.pdf
MiraCosta College offers a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; and other optional coverages. Faculty members are also covered under the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s or Master of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance or in theater [an approved comparable degree at MiraCosta College]; OR
2. bachelor’s or Bachelor of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance AND master’s in comparative literature, English, communication studies, speech, literature, or humanities; OR
3. the equivalent. Applicants who do not possess the EXACT degree major(s) required to meet the minimum qualifications must attach an equivalency narrative and supporting documentation at the time of application. Instructions can be found at
4. a fully satisfied, lifetime California Community College credential authorizing instruction/service in the appropriate subject matter; AND
5. demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
Job Close Date: 3/3/2020
How to Apply
For full details and to apply, go to https://apptrkr.com/1808523
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an educational environment that affirms and supports diversity in its faculty, staff, and administration, and promoting an environment of inclusion. The college’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is expressed in the policy found at http://www.miracosta.edu/officeofthepresident/board/downloads/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion-Adopted4-6-16.pdf
The college was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI ) in 2013. This designation reflects the great responsibility that MiraCosta has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a campus that exhibits its dedication to all students and faculty through offering robust, culturally-responsive events, including speaker series dedicated to heritage month events through the Social Justice and Equity Center.
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California’s 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at http://www.miracosta.edu/officeofthepresident/pio/aboutmcc.html
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, design, teaching, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Instructor of Theatre Design and Technology job: