Full-Time Individual Giving Manager
Individual Giving Manager is responsible for forging new and strengthening current relationships with individual donors. Manager of Individual Giving will formulate and execute plan to achieve stated individual giving annual goal.
PBT is dedicated to providing accessible and equitable opportunities for all. Individual Giving Manager will engage individual donors in a confidential and respectful manner.
- Timely produce annual individual giving plan.
- Meet annual individual giving goal.
- Work in conjunction with the development and marketing teams to create and implement patron loyalty cultivation strategies.
- Create, review, and edit all appeal campaigns, including but not limited to direct mail, social media, online giving, phone campaigns, and ticketing add-ons
- Participate in prospect research and Board briefings as needed
- Oversee database management, gift processing, and acknowledgements
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications
- Identify and Conduct research on individual donors and prospects for development solicitation.
- Work cross-departmentally to plan and implement direct mail, email, and phone campaigns.
- Manage donor information by maintaining accurate donor records in the Tessitura database.
- Utilize Tessitura to generate various reports on individual donations, including annual end-of-year donor statements.
- Work closely with Patron Services Manager to further develop leads.
- Fulfill donor benefits.
- Prepare donor lists for publications such as playbills and annual reports.
- Compose “Thank You” letters and updates them in accordance with the appropriate campaign.
- Generate Individual giving reports as a barometer of annual individual giving plan.
- Support all Development Department activities as required, including providing administrative leadership for special events and all development-related tasks.
- Maintain and respect confidentiality pertaining to administrative and donor information.
- Meet regularly with the Development Director to prioritize assignments and discuss problems/issues/progress.
- Attend and contribute to PBT Development Committee and All Staff meetings.
- Work directly with printers on agency printing needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and in accordance with the needs of the Development Department.
- Attend performances, cultivate donors in the Circles Lounge and conduct backstage tours.
- Plan and execute donor cultivation events.
- Research and cultivate school alumni for individual giving and as an assist to corporate sponsorship manager.
- Work with CFO to insure accuracy of annual plan goals.
- Bachelor degree.
- 5 years’ experience in development and events management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Submission of three writing samples for review.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in cross-departmental collaborations.
- Knowledge of fundraising and constituent relationship management in Tessitura.
- Strong computer skills.
- Professional training as an artist or appreciation for dance is highly desirable.
- Appreciation for PBT brand
- Record of stellar stewardship and fulfilling donor benefits.
- Proven history of coalition building through planning.
- Demonstrated growth in responsibilities throughout career.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects
- Strong communication skills and ability to foster relationships
- Collaborative leader that is flexible in work approach
- Clear plan to cultivate donors and grow the donor base
- Computer literacy; proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Regular and reliable attendance
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The demands of the position change on a daily basis, and require sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The position includes periods of driving to off-site meetings, and a personal vehicle is strongly recommended. For special events and community programs, lifting and carrying materials (less than 50 pounds) is often required.
Accommodations to these physical demands and work environment can be made as long as the person in the position still completes the essential functions of the job.
Hours of work: Usual working hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. This role will also require local travel as well as night and weekend work.
This job description does not create a contract or guarantee regarding any term or condition of employment, including job duties. The PBT reserves the right to change, modify, amend or enhance the job duties of any employee in response to operational, fiscal and/or departmental demands.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Shelly Swartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Please Share the Individual Giving Manager job: