House Staff Wanted
The Sheen Center for Thought & Culture is seeking part- time on call House Managers and Ushers to support operations on a per event basis. The House Manager has a higher leadership role among the part-time Front of House with duties not limited to:
- Supervise FOH staffing during events.
- Act as fireguard during performances and events, maintaining a safe environment for all patrons and rental clients.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons/clients and to resolve any event related issues quickly and respectfully.
- Supervises and oversees Front of House staff’s enforcement of safe public gathering practices at the Sheen Center in accordance with all SC COVID-19 safety protocols.
Equivalent work experience in performing arts venues and/or a background in customer service are preferred. Knowledge of Ovationtix and Shopkeep sales systems is a plus. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
Starting rate: $22 per hour
TO APPLY: Email email@example.com .
Please, no phone calls.
Usher staff in particular has a key role in shaping the customer experience for guests of the space. Duties include:
- Provide support to the House Manager during performances and other events.
- Facilitating entry into the theater(s), including contactless check-in
- Assisting patrons in navigation of the space, i.e. directing patrons to their assigned seats, directing flow of patron traffic, and answering general patron questions.
- Help ensure patrons and clients enter and exit the building in a safe manner.
- Help maintain safe public gathering practices at the Sheen Center in accordance with all SC COVID-19 safety protocols, such as conducting temperature checks upon entry; health form screenings, enforcing social distancing throughout spaces and wearing of proper facial coverings by patrons; making sure exits are clear of obstructions, egress paths are observed, and help disperse any congregation of guests in the building and/or on the sidewalks.
- Assist patrons with mobility issues.
- Sanitize SC equipment, where appropriate, after usage in compliance with SC COVID-19 protocols
- Other FOH-related tasks, as needed
Equivalent work experience in performing arts venues and/or a background in customer service are preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
Starting rate: $16.50 per hour
Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please, no phone calls.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts center, house manager, manager, theater, and usher. States: New York.
Please Share the House Staff job: