Full-Time Development Manager
About Pilchuck Glass School
Pilchuck Glass School (PGS) fosters and educates a worldwide community that explores the creative use of glass in art and design. Our serene campus in Stanwood, Washington, is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains on a former tree farm. PGS has a gallery and administrative office in Seattle, Washington, located in historic Pioneer Square.
Founded in 1971 by Dale Chihuly and patrons Anne Gould Hauberg and John H. Hauberg, Pilchuck’s iconic history and legacy as an international center for glass art education has inspired thousands of artists in its history. The serene and rustic campus now hosts more than 500 students and artists from around the world each year who travel to participate in programs as instructors, students, summer staff, and for emerging and established artist residencies. In recent years, PGS has launched new initiatives in expanding programming through spring and fall retreats with local youth organizations. PGS also boasts a Seattle-based gallery and administrative office featuring innovative exhibitions.
Pilchuck’s history is filled with stories of hard work, passion, and generosity, maintaining the original core values of the school: to inspire creativity, transform individuals, and build community.
Additional information can be found at www.pilchuck.com.
About the position
The Development Manager position reports to the Director of Development, serving as an integral part of the Development team. This position will be responsible for annual giving, cultivation and fundraising events, and general fundraising support, and will work mainly in the Seattle administrative office.
The position will be primarily responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of the organization’s main cultivation and fundraising events (70%), including managing volunteers, working with vendors and caterers, executing each event, and stewarding donors. The position will also support other general development and fundraising activities including supporting the Annual Fund (15%), donor and participant data entry (5%) and providing general administrative support (10%). This will include working closely with development staff and trustees on donor cultivation and stewardship, in addition to supporting marketing and communication needs in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment. The Development Manager will work closely with the Database Coordinator and the greater PGS staff.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and execute special events, including: an annual recognition dinner (Pilchuck Celebrates), Spring Tours, other donor cultivation and fundraising other events as needed
- Act as the primary support for Auction and Gala which raises over $1.1 M
- Communicate event logistics and timelines to staff and supporters
- Keep organized records of all constituents in database, Raiser’s Edge
- Manage the volunteer program including recruiting, training, organizing, and actively communicating with 100+ volunteers throughout the year
- Prepare event reports for quarterly Board of Trustees meetings
- Collaborate with Database Coordinator to prepare receipts of incoming event contributions and ticket sales
- Coordinate all event and fundraising communication materials and partner with Marketing Director as needed
- Support Database Coordinator with acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and negotiate contracts and deliverables
- Attend all Development events, which may include some night and weekend activity both in the Seattle office and area, and Stanwood, WA campus
- Other duties as assigned
- A self-starter with a proven history of working independently and excellent time management skills
- Detailed and organized individual who can make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive communicator who exhibits a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Discretion in managing confidential information
- Ability to travel and transport one’s self to external meetings and vendor visits
- BA/BS degree and experience working on and managing fundraising and public programming events
- Knowledge of event scheduling, production and execution
- Strong computer skills and a high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Preferred: experience working in donor software such as Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge and auction/event software such as GreaterGiving
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. The salary range is $45,000-$50,000. Benefits include health insurance benefits, FSA plan, 401(k) retirement plan after six months, long-term disability insurance, subsidized transportation pass, vacation and sick leave.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume expressing your qualifications to Development Director Lauren Mercurio at email@example.com, subject: “Development Manager Position, Your Name.”
Be sure to label all files with your name, PDFs preferred.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis through the deadline. Kindly, no phone calls please.
Pilchuck Glass School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and participants. Pilchuck encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran, or disability status.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, development, event, fund-raising, glass, manager, and school. States: Washington.
Please Share the Development Manager job: