Department: Marketing & Strategic Communications.
Job ID: 492894
- Design and produce artwork/graphics for electronic and traditional publication and marketing projects, primarily for intercollegiate athletics, plus other projects as assigned.
- Assist with day-to-day management of personal and office workflow.
- Demonstrate effective customer relations skills.
- Help coordinate traffic flow of projects with production coordinator and vendors.
- Successfully manage time and resources to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Help proofread and edit copy as needed.
Graphic design and production
- Demonstrate creative solutions to design/graphic arts challenges.
- Develop and practice high levels of production workmanship.
- Develop proficiencies in electronic as well as traditional publishing mediums.
- Demonstrate ability to follow and lead others in compliance of university brand guidelines.
Day-to-day management of workflow
- Provide proactive assistance in helping key projects move through the office.
- Provide leadership in helping resolve problems.
Practice effective customer relations skills
- Communicate clearly with customers.
- Listen to customer needs and meet them.
- Cultivate customer loyalty through dependable, remarkable service.
Coordinate traffic flow with production coordinator and vendors
- Learn vendor capabilities and execute projects to meet their requirements.
- Practice quality control to ensure department standards are met/exceeded.
- Communicate clearly with co-workers/vendors/customers in a timely manner.
Manage time and resources successfully
- Manage time and resources as an exemplary steward.
- Excel at problem recognition and solutions.
Proofread and edit
- Demonstrate conscientious proofreading and editing skills.
- Demonstrate responsibility for language as well as images on projects.
Demonstrated Macintosh proficiency in the following software:
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects. Digital portfolio required when applying for this position.
- Demonstrated graphic arts print production and/or electronic publishing production proficiency.
- At least 45 wpm typing.
Training modules required
- Software-specific training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in graphic design, art, digital media, marketing, sports marketing, or mass communication.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in use of graphic design software for Macintosh.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Organizational skills to balance multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- High level of energy.
- Commitment to quality workmanship.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, including conflict management.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Sitting. Able to work at the computer for extensive periods (80 percent) of time.
- Driving. Access to vehicle for local trips.
- Talking. Ability to communicate easily with customers on phone and in person.
- Lifting. Moving boxes up to 30 lbs. (for deliveries).
How to Apply
Electronic submission of materials is highly encouraged and is available through the ACU Carees:
Job ID: 492894
The College of Arts and Sciences is committed to building and supporting a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community of students and scholars. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Employment Opportunities at ACU
At Abilene Christian University, you will find more than a job. You will find a workplace where you can impact the lives of more than 5,200 students who are being educated as Christ-centered global leaders each year. The university has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education for 11 years. We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment, expansive opportunities for professional and personal development, and an emphasis on our core Christian values.
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university’s financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, design, designer, graphic design, and marketing. States: Texas.
Please Share the Graphic Designer job: