Full-Time Graphic Designer
Opera Theatre’s Graphic Designer is a critical member of the company’s marketing and creative staff and reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
The Graphic Designer primarily works with the Advancement team, but serves as the graphic designer for the entire company.
They are responsible for providing on-brand graphic design for print and digital material needs across the company, and for the management of the internal routing and approval process for all print publications.
- Provide on-brand graphic design of print and digital materials including but not limited to the annual program book, season brochures, solicitation materials, special event invitations, postcards, flyers, ads, solicitations, annual reports, etc.;
- Lead the development of production-specific key artwork each season, in conjunction with the General Director, the Artistic Director, Managing Director of Advancement, Director of Marketing & PR, Director of Artistic Administration, and Director of Production & Operations;
- Provide additional in-house creative development support and brand standard guidance.
Design Routing & Management
- Create, implement, and manage the annual creative calendar for all OTSL design collateral, including but not limited to the annual program book, brochures, postcards, flyers, posters, invitations, and the annual report;
- Manage the internal routing and approval process for all print publications to ensure that all design assets and publications meet approved deadlines;
- Bid and manage vendor relations with annual print vendors.
- Contract any stock photography/assets, additional freelance graphic support, and creative softwares;
- Track and manage print publication and season artwork budgets, ensuring total expenditures remain at or below projections.
Required Skills, Experience, Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, graphic design or related degree preferred;
- 2 or more years working in graphic design (experience with entertainment, non-profit, or performing arts preferred);
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to estimate and manage budgets.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong visual aesthetic and proven ability to adopt institutional branding;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to work as a team player;
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
About Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization known for innovative productions featuring outstanding young artists. The company offers a festival opera season each spring which attracts ticket buyers from zip codes throughout the metropolitan area, as well as visitors from nearly 50 states and multiple countries. As of 2019, Opera Theatre of Saint Louis has presented 28 world premieres and 28 American premieres, which may be the highest percentage of new work in the repertory of any American company. In addition to the spring Festival Season, Opera Theatre operates year-round education and community programs serving nearly 17,000 local children and adults.
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis has a year-round artistic and administrative staff of 35, which increases to approximately 500 during the Festival Season. Several hundred volunteer members of the Opera Theatre Guild provide support for all aspects of Opera Theatre’s work and advocate for the company throughout the greater St. Louis community. The company’s annual budget size is approximately $10.8 million; contributed revenue represents more than 50% of budget.
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume, design portfolio, and a letter that describes their interest in Opera Theatre of Saint Louis and outlines experience and qualifications for the position.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Anh Le, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, 210 Hazel Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63119 (no calls, please)
Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, gender, orientation, veteran or disability status.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, design, designer, graphic design, non-profit, opera, and theatre. States: Missouri.
Please Share the Graphic Designer job: