General Manager, The Commons Bar/Café
The GM of the Commons Bar/Café leads the brand-new café space located within TheatreSquared.
The top priorities of this position are to ensure that day-to-day operations effectively occur, to train and lead the staff to be successful hospitality professionals, and to elevate the Commons Bar/Café to its highest level of quality and service.
This opportunity offers room for creative and professional growth as the company begins its new phase in a state-of-the-art, 50,000-square-foot, two-venue home. This position reports to the Director of Community Experience.
As a crucial leader on our Community Experience team—and as a positive, collaborative member of an inclusive workforce—this new staff member will help TheatreSquared answer the question, “How can a theatre be an agent of social change—helping foster a community that is fundamentally more equitable?”
- Ensuring that food & beverage offerings are of the highest quality and helping The Commons Bar/Café to offer a distinctive experience for guests in downtown Fayetteville
- Maintaining the training program for new hires, providing and updating extensive resource materials about inventory and protocols, and aiding the staff in understanding sales and other methods of profitability
- Maintaining a high level of customer service, as well as an inviting atmosphere for TheatreSquared patrons and guests of the Commons
- Delegating roles to cafe staff members—with a particular focus on evening hours—based on experience level, age and ability to navigate the flow of service, especially during volume hours
- Coordinating closing procedures and holding cafe staff members accountable for safety, sanitation and health code procedures
- Nightly recording of daily sales, tips, inventory and deposits while maintaining open communication with the accountant about financial matters involving the Commons and digital tracking procedures
- Setting a standard for team-based communication amongst all members of the cafe staff in order to reach the goals of service
- Maximizing resources made available to the cafe, and providing insight regarding budgeting, operational costs, and featured promotions
- Solving problems during service quickly and efficiently, relating to food and beverage quality control, inventory, staffing, equipment malfunctions, or any other issues that may occur during evening shifts
- Prompt diffusion of tense situations and ability to resolve conflicts with staff and patrons as they occur
- Monitoring staff morale, performance and productivity to ensure the desired work environment of the Commons
- Minimizing the cost of labor and cutting staff appropriately based on the nightly rate of service
- Securing the building at night and ensuring that all denoted cabinets, doors, and the safe are locked
- Updating and maintaining spirits, wine, and alcoholic and coffee beverage menus and inventory
- Determining the availability of food service during concession hours, and closing the bar at an appropriate time based on the rate of business
- Creating and distributing schedules for Commons team members on a biweekly basis
- Coordinating with the Director of Community Experience and the TheatreSquared Marketing Department to build community awareness and usage of facilities outside show times.
- 2-5 years of experience in the management of restaurant operations
- ServSafe Management certification
DESIRABLE SKILL SETS
- Ability to curate innovative cocktails and beverage program choices
- Serving experience
- Bartending experience
- Food service/cooking experience
- Social media/marketing experience
To apply, submit a cover letter, employment resume, and references by visiting theatresquared.bamboohr.com/jobs/ .
TheatreSquared celebrates diversity and commits to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to remove barriers to employment that are faced by racialized groups and encourage applicants of all genders, abilities, and ethnic, socio-economic, religious, and educational backgrounds. TheatreSquared believes that a team with a variety of perspectives and skills is critical to our growth as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note: All interviews at this time will be held via video service (Google, Zoom, etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This permanent, full-time, exempt position includes an annual salary in the range of $40-48,000, commensurate with experience, and full benefits. These benefits include health; dental; paid time off; relocation assistance; paid parental leave; professional development allowance; employer-sponsored long-term and short-term disability; $100,000 in employer-sponsored term life insurance; and voluntary 401(k).
ABOUT THEATRESQUARED & NORTHWEST ARKANSAS
Now entering its 15th season, TheatreSquared’s challenging, heartfelt, and intimate productions reach 60,000 patrons each year, including more than 20,000 students and their teachers. T2 fills a crucial niche in the region’s cultural landscape as the only year-round, producing professional theatre within a 150-mile radius, operating on an annual budget of $6 million. The company employs a full-time staff of 35 and additional part-time/seasonal staff of 25 each year. TheatreSquared employs trained artists from across the country to create its 330 annual
performances and is contracted with Actors’ Equity Association. The theatre is also Arkansas’s home for professional playwrights, developing scripts through the Arkansas New Play Festival in Fayetteville and Bentonville and producing new works and world premieres each year. TheatreSquared’s architecturally significant, 50,000-square-foot, two-venue permanent home was completed in 2019. For details on the facility, visit ournextstage.org.
Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas were ranked fourth by US News and World Report in its 2019 “Best Places to Live in the US.” Located in the scenic Ozarks and offering a low cost of living and high quality of life, this vibrant metro area recently surpassed the half-million population mark and is home to the headquarters of Fortune 100 companies including Walmart Stores, J.B. Hunt, Tyson, and peer world-class cultural institutions such as Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: bar, cafe, manager, and theatre. States: Arkansas.
Please Share the General Manager, The Commons Bar/Café job: