Part-Time General Manager
The Chicago Chamber Choir is a volunteer, 40-member mixed vocal ensemble that performs three to four major concert series a year (October, December, March, and May). The mission of the Chicago Chamber Choir is to create experiences that engage our community in high quality choral art. Our vision is to be Chicago’s preeminent avocational choral ensemble through diverse and innovative programming, excellence in artistry, and community enrichment.
The Choir will be entering its 24th season in 2019/2020, looking ahead to the 25th anniversary season.
More information can be found at chicagochamberchoir.org.
The Choir has an immediate opening for a part-time, off-site General Manager. This position may be split into two positions: Development and Marketing Manager and Operations Manager.
Applicants may choose to apply to the General Manager position or either the Development and Marketing Manager position and Operations Manager position separately.
Job responsibilities of the Development and Marketing Manager include:
· Crafting, coordinating, and executing an Annual Fund solicitation, including database maintenance and letter generation, and gift recording and acknowledgement
· Creating and implementing donor engagement plan. In the past, this has included personal correspondence to donors, creation and distribution of a monthly donor newsletter, acknowledging milestone donors in concert materials and in pre-concert remarks, distributing recordings to donors and subscribers, etc.
· Depositing and tracking all gifts received by the organization.
· Applying for grants and preparing final reports for completed grant cycles
· Attending regularly scheduled season performances to greet and socialize with donors before, during, and after concerts
· Planning, organizing, and attending the annual Spring fundraiser – which includes researching and booking venues, creating programs, and organizing silent auction – and winter social fundraiser – typically a cocktail party – in conjunction with Artistic staff and Board of Directors
· Ongoing database maintenance (eTapestry), including annual updates through USPS Lookup, regularly scheduled duplicate removal reports, and annual updates to singer contact lists
· Conducting marketing and public relations outreach (including creation and distribution of press releases), reaching out to media organizations throughout Chicago, and managing print production process
· Assisting the Artistic Director with the management of website, social media pages, and generating electronic newsletters through Constant Contact
· Create (when necessary), provide necessary material for, and proofread concert programs and descriptions, including ads, donor list, promotional materials, program notes, singer and artist roster, and staff list in conjunction with Artistic Director
· Provide the donor list and program ads for concert programs
· Explore opportunities to partner and perform with Chicago-based promotional channels and organizations
· Research and/or develop new methods of promotion for concerts
· Solicit program ads for concert programs.
· Check and respond to email in a timely manner.
Job responsibilities of the Operations Manager include:
· Attending all season performances to provide day-of-event logistical support such as box office management, stage managing, coordination with venues, and reception set-up and clean-up in conjunction with Board of Directors, interns and volunteers
· Overseeing the box office during performances and preparing box office reports for the Board of Directors
· Assisting with scheduling venues for performance and maintaining communication with venues up through concert day
· Coordinating volunteers for concerts and events, as needed.
· Maintaining choir correspondence and responding to all inquiries in a timely manner
· Maintaining master schedules for rehearsals and performances
· Assisting in the maintenance of a master contact sheet and email lists for singers and staff
· Assisting the Artistic Director in handling and communicating with outside gig requests and referrals.
· Checking the choir’s mail in a timely fashion and distributing to the appropriate persons
· Checking and responding to email in a timely fashion
· Answer the choir’s phone number or respond to voicemail in a timely manner
· Providing administrative and logistical support to the Artistic Director and Board of Directors as needed
Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time position.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- College graduate with previous arts management experience preferred
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus
- Knowledge of Chicago area arts community is a plus
- Proven record as a successful fundraiser (Development and Marketing only)
- Knowledge of CRM tools, especially eTapestry, Tessiture, or similar (Development and Marketing only)
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Visionary and innovative thinker
- Ability to work collaboratively with the community, Board of Directors, and other staff
- Excellent computer skills. This should include documented experience with large mail merge projects, Excel, Microsoft Word and email software (including maintaining email distribution lists.) Experience with other database software (e.g. ACT) is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in writing via letters and email, and strong proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational ability and flexibility
- Excellent telephone skills
- An eye for detail
- The ability to work reliably and independently
- A helpful, proactive attitude
- The ability to grasp the parameters of a task quickly and accurately after receiving basic instructions
- The ability to anticipate the needs of others
- Performance arts administrative experience desirable, but not necessary; enthusiasm for the performing and/or choral arts is essential
- This position is offered to independent contractors only; taxes are the responsibility of the candidate
- Compensation will be a flat monthly stipend; no other benefits are provided
- No office is provided for this job. Candidates should possess a home office or have daily access to the equivalent, which must be equipped with a computer, laser printer, telephone, fax and high-speed Internet connection
- Candidates should have a valid license and a car (or have access to a private vehicle) in which to transport office supplies, mailings, and supplies to concert sites
- Preference will be given to persons interested in maintaining this position for multiple seasons.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with references to Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: development, manager, marketing, and music. States: Illinois.
Please Share the General Manager job: