Full-Time Gallery Art Handler
RYAN LEE Gallery is looking for an experienced art handler with 2+ years of experience.
This position is full time, Tuesday – Saturday 10-6 work week, and based out of the 26th street gallery.
We expect this position will start early to mid January 2021.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
• Installing / de-installing art in the gallery, on location at art fairs, and in client homes.
• Preparing and handling art prior to and during gallery appointments.
• Wrapping and preparing packages for the shipment and/or storage of artworks.
• Gallery upkeep including wall prep, painting, and keeping spaces tidy.
• Inspecting incoming art with the gallery registrar for condition reports.
• Assist the registrar with updating and maintaining artwork locations in ArtBase.
• Maintain organized, safe and clean art storage.
• Order and maintain packing supplies.
• Good multi-tasking and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
• Sense of teamwork when supporting colleagues.
Minimum 2 year art handling experience.
Excellent knowledge of procedures and materials used for art packing, installation/de-installation, wrapping and transport of fine art.
Able to handle the physical requirements of the job.
Bachelors Degree in Visual Arts not required, but a plus.
Please highlight any additional specific skills or experiences that would be relevant when applying.
Generous benefits including health insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No walk ins or phone calls.
RYAN LEE Gallery was established by Mary Ryan and Jeffrey Lee in 2013. Located in Chelsea, the gallery is home to a dynamic roster of international contemporary artists and artist estates working in diverse media. RYAN LEE is committed to presenting innovative and pioneering exhibitions across the spectrum of contemporary art practices. The gallery works with leading museum curators and scholars to further promote and expand the visibility for its artists.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art handler, exhibition, and gallery. States: New York.
Please Share the Gallery Art Handler job: