Experienced Art Handler
We’re inviting experienced art handlers to apply for a full time position at our gallery in San Diego.
Quint Gallery was established in 1981 and we have three locations in San Diego (our headquarters in Rose Canyon and two gallery spaces in La Jolla).
We need a team member who is organized, excellent at communication (answering emails and phone calls within 24 hours), great at time management and proficient with tools.
Hours will be full time (Tuesday through Saturday from 11am – 5pm) but willing to be flexible for the right person if part time is required.
Starting pay is $20 an hour and performance will be evaluated after 90 days for an increase.
Job duties include:
- build out of new spaces
- setup and breakdown of gallery exhibitions
- assist in outside installations at the homes or businesses of collectors
- research quotes for any outside vendors we need to hire to build or maintain the gallery (electricians, pedestals, wood work, plumbers, HVAC, etc)
- shipping of merchandise that sells out of our online store
- creating hard wood crates for artwork
- work with our Inventory Manager to ensure all artwork is organized and accounted for in our inventory system
- maintain professionalism in attitude and attire
- pick up and delivery of artwork, sometimes to Los Angeles
- packing and unpacking of artwork/merchandise
- lead the shipment and delivery of artwork during projects for artists and collectors
- work closely with our lead in Artist Management to ensure the installation and shipping needs of artists are being taken care of
- previous art handling experience
- experience with carpentry/wood work
- at least two references that can attest to your ability to work well with a team
- reliable transportation
- valid Driver’s License
Please email Glad at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
No phone calls.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, art handler, and exhibition. States: California.
Please Share the Experienced Art Handler job: