Full-Time Executive Director, Cantata Singers
Cantata Singers seeks a visionary leader who will—with creativity and administrative acumen—lead the organization through a time of growth, opportunity, and continued artistic excellence.
• As the organization’s chief administrative officer, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and oversight of Cantata Singers’ finances, development, artistic performances, and long-range planning.
The Executive Director reports to the board of trustees, works in creative partnership with the Music Director, and oversees a staff of 2.75 FTEs.
As the organization’s chief development officer, work in partnership with the Development and PR Manager to develop and oversee a fundraising strategy that brings in about $300,000 a year in contributed revenue. Includes cultivating and soliciting leadership gifts, grant-writing, special events, and supporting annual giving initiatives. Able to structure active engagement of the board of trustees in the cultivation process, activating trustee networks and ensuring the development of strong relationship between the organization and its donors.
• FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
Oversee a budget of approximately $625,000. Develop and monitor all budgets using the model of a three year program plan and budget. Facilitate the process of reconciling programmatic demands and creativity with budget and fundraising feasibility. In partnership with the Marketing and Finance Associate, oversee the development of all financial reports and statements.
With the goal of continuing robust and diversified earned income, oversee all marketing efforts and brand development in partnership with the PR Manager and the Marketing and Finance Associate. The successful candidate will be creative in his/her approach to communicating Cantata Singers’ value proposition, and familiar with both the traditional and digital marketing arenas.
• ARTISTIC PLANNING:
Work in close partnership with the Music Director and Production and Education Manager. Support the development of musical and educational programming that fulfills Cantata Singers’ mission with vibrancy and vitality on stage and in the classroom. The successful candidate works well with artists, and understands the symbiotic relationship between an organization’s business model and artistic aspirations.
• EXTERNAL RELATIONS:
Represent Cantata Singers to its diverse constituents, including funders, musicians, audience members, and the community at large. The successful candidate will thrive when cultivating new relationships among all the aforementioned constituencies, and will relish the opportunity to develop and sustain strategic partnerships that build the visibility and reputation of the ensemble.
• ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING:
Work with the board of trustees to develop, and with the staff to execute on, strategic priorities in all key operational areas. Build on the strategic planning and operations foundation established over the past 5 years to help ensure the organization continues to thrive in a changing landscape. Hire, supervise, and cultivate the professional growth of a small, dedicated, and talented administrative staff.
• Five years in a leadership role in arts administration, with a demonstrated track record in building organizational capacity, cultivating new relationships and forging relationships in new communities.
• A passion for, and preferably direct experience with, classical choral and/or orchestral music. Familiarity with producing or presenting musical performances.
• A track record of creatively managing limited time and resources for maximum impact.
• A background either working with or serving on non-profit boards.
• Experience successfully managing the work of others. Experience developing fruitful and collaborative working relationships with artists.
• Financially literate and able to both develop and keep to a budget; familiarity with nonprofit accounting practices a plus.
The successful candidate is both a big picture thinker and someone who understands the concrete steps it takes to make an organization’s dreams a reality. He/she is an inspirational leader who possesses both curiosity and vision, and is a skilled communicator. We seek someone who values inclusivity and collaboration, manages effectively, and relishes working in a fast-paced, creative, dynamic environment.
How To Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
November 02, 2018
Please Share the Executive Director, Cantata Singers job: