Thousand Islands Arts Center→ Clayton, New York, United States
Thousand Islands Arts Center – Home of the Handweaving Museum
The Thousand Islands Arts Center ~ Home of the Handweaving Museum (TIAC) seeks a creative, visionary, and dynamic Executive Director to advance the organization through the next phase of its evolution.
In alignment with the vision and mission of TIAC, the Executive Director is expected to provide strategic leadership, administrative guidance, and lead fundraising and marketing efforts while maintaining effective communication with the Board, employees, volunteers, and public.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leads in the planning and execution of annual fundraising campaigns including community events, grant support, foundation requests, membership strategies, major gift requests, sponsorship, special/capital projects, and business solicitation.
- Directs and/or oversees budgets, project plans, and growth initiatives and effectively communicates these concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Is responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices and effectively managing the organization’s resources.
- Actively cultivates and oversees stewardship of prospective members and donors.
Organizational Management and Board Relations
- Oversees new Board member orientation and onboarding.
- Advises and informs the Board on institutional strategy, operations, and policy matters.
- Authorizes the employment/termination of personnel and assigns duties and salaries within the scope of the budget.
- Administers performance evaluations and updates job descriptions annually.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating activities of all individuals employed by TIAC staff and volunteers.
- Encourages and promotes opportunities for on-going training for all staff members.
- Oversees the scheduling and organization of exhibits, events, and programming on an annual basis.
- Maintains official records and documents in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Leadership and Communication
- Builds relationships with local organizations/businesses, media, and governmental entities to promote TIAC and its mission.
- Provides guidance, assistance and leadership for integrating the various components of the staff and volunteers into a coordinated effort toward meeting TIAC’s objectives.
- Informs and interprets TIAC’s objectives and policies to all staff members and others associated with the organization.
- Effectively communicates the goals, objectives and accomplishments of TIAC to the community and civic groups.
- Cultivates a positive organizational culture and is committed to attracting and retaining a strong employee base.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a discipline related to the function of the museum, 3-5 years equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Significant experience in the management and operation of a similar organization or nonprofit, including but not limited to oversight of exhibitions, educational programs, personnel, funding, and public programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge in fundraising, donor cultivation, and grants management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- A deep interest and background in museums and/or the arts is desired.
- A sincere commitment to the goals and values of TIAC.
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays; medical; and a retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity, please contact:
Chris Murray email@example.com
Thousand Islands Arts Center
Clayton, New York, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, arts center, director, executive director, fund-raising, museum, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Executive Director job: