Full-Time Executive Director
Firehouse Cultural Center – Ruskin, FL 33570
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall operational responsibility for Firehouse Cultural Center (FCC) staff, programs, and execution of its mission. FCC is a nonprofit organization that offers diverse creative quality programming in arts and education for all ages: programs that promote diversity, encourage participation, discovery and learning for all. FCC offers affiliations and partnerships promoting the unique history, culture and natural environment of South Hillsborough County.
FCC is seeking an Executive Director with a passion for the Arts, Education and Community who will maintain and promote a financially sound organization that strives for growth in all areas. Close collaboration and consultation with the Board of Directors is essential.
Responsibilities include (but and not limited to):
- A firm understanding of business principles and budgeting in order to manage current and new revenue streams with emphasis on growth
- Knowledge or experience developing and evaluating art and education programs.
- Cultivating and soliciting sponsorships & partnerships from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Preserving integrity of FCC finances, presenting annual budget and financial statements to the Board
- Implementing FCC programs that fulfill the organization’s mission
- Being active and visible in the community, working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Grant writing, research and fundraising while developing diverse sources of income on behalf of FCC on local, state and federal levels
- Working and communicating effectively with various boards, committees and community partners
- Developing campaigns for fundraising and membership
- Proposing new sponsorships and events to increase diversity on all levels
- Meeting or exceeding annual budgeted fundraising goals
- Effectively leading FCC forward in achieving the mission and goals of the organization
- Overseeing administration, programs and strategic plans of the organization
FCC is a relatively young organization that has grown significantly in programming, attendance and space. Southern Hillsborough County, one of the fastest growing areas in Florida offers unique opportunities and challenges. Ruskin’s diverse population and economy provides FCC the ability to impact lives through art, experiences and education. This position requires a highly driven, multitasking individual who can promote community enrichment and involvement through quality programming.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge about developing, directing and evaluating art, education and community programs.
- A firm understanding of business principles and budgeting
- 3 years Non-profit administration experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree strongly preferred, in the Arts
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Transparent and high- integrity leadership
- Proven record in fund raising and grant writing
- Experience in coordinating diverse programs and classes for a wide range of audience participation
- Competence in use of multiple software, accounting, spread sheets, and social media
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references contact information to:
Mailing address is: Firehouse Cultural Center
101 1st Ave NE
Ruskin, FL 33570
Please Share the Executive Director job: