The San Angelo Symphony Society, celebrating its 73rd season, seeks a bold and innovative Executive Director to assist in fulling its mission: to inspire, engage and educate diverse audiences through the experience of the highest orchestral music.
Executive Director, San Angelo Symphony
The position is full-time, exempt. Salary based on experience: $50,000 – $64,000
Benefits information: health insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
In accordance with the mission and vision set forth by the Board of Directors and in cooperation with the Board, Music Director, and staff, the Executive Director manages and ensures the timely execution of the administration, operations, accountability, and sustainability functions of the San Angelo Symphony Society. These functions include business and orchestra operations, performances, special events, personnel, marketing, publicity, education, fund development, and business compliance. The Executive Director is a public advocate of the Symphony and along with the Board, the Music Director, and staff, will be a dynamic and engaging leader who promotes the Symphony’s visibility and involvement in the community.
The list above is not a comprehensive list of job duties.
- Experience in organizational development including in-depth knowledge of operational and budget planning, strategic marketing increasing public involvement and sustaining growth.
- Experience in annual/capital fundraising, event planning, grant writing, and community relations.
- Ability to manage resources and people while building support and achieving growth.
- Success in development and execution of budgets in excess of $750,000.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related, applicable experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com and be sure to include “Executive Director” in the subject line.
Please include in your cover letter the following information:
- Salary history and requirements
- How you learned of the position
- Description of how your qualifications and experience match the San Angelo Symphony’s needs.
For full consideration, please send materials by June 25th, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Only electronic submission will be considered. All nominations and expressions of interest will be held in confidence. Salary is commensurate with experience, within the framework of the organization’s annual operating budget. The San Angelo Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, executive, executive director, management, music, and Symphony. States: Texas.
Please Share the Executive Director job: