Full-Time Executive Director
Executive Director – Eisenhower Dance Detroit
Reports to: E/D Board of Directors
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of Eisenhower Dance and is responsible for conducting its administration in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with policies set by the Eisenhower Dance Detroit Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will:
• Assure smooth-running, efficient staff support for the organization by means of clearly stated job expectations, regular evaluations, delegation of tasks, and appropriate communication channels;
• Hire, supervise, evaluate and, if necessary, dismiss E/D personnel;
• Recommend to the Board appropriate salary ranges for staff, changes in staff structure to improve efficiency, and specific merit and/or cost of living raises as appropriate for approval;
• Administer approved Personnel Policies and, if necessary, recommend changes to Board of Directors.
• Run the organization in a fiscally responsible manner within the Board-approved budget;
• Supervise the creation and maintenance of financial management systems necessary to the efficient running of the organization;
• Assess and bring to the attention of the Board areas in which financial systems could be
improved, with recommendations for action;
• With the Artistic Director, prepare an annual operating budget and present for final E/D Board approval;
• Supervise preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Board needs;
• Provide for cash flow management, projections and regular monitoring;
• Assure prompt payment of all payroll taxes and preparation of year-end reports to all required governmental agencies.
• With Board of Directors and Artistic Director, set realistic contributed income goals;
• Supervise preparation of annual development plan;
• With the Board and staff, monitor progress toward meeting goals, and suggest mid-course corrections as necessary;
• Supervise the preparation of regular status reports on development activities for presentation to the Development Committee and to the Board;
• Supervise preparation of development materials in consultation with Development Committee;
• Supervise grants management: research, submission, acknowledgment, tracking, reporting;
• Assure timely and accurate database management of donors and prospects, as well as a gift acknowledgment system.
• Supervise the smooth-running production of all programs;
• Working in cooperation with the Board of Directors and such volunteers as the Board directs,supervise the implementation of special events;
• Supervise management of all logistical and technical requirements of any organizational productions;
• Negotiate and execute all contracts relating to productions, including performers, venues,equipment, transportation, etc., in accordance with Board policies.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Supervise efficient box office procedures and customer service;
• Supervise preparation of annual marketing plan that assesses current and target markets and identifies strategies for subscription and single ticket sales;
• Supervise preparation and implementation of annual public relations plan:
• Supervise production and distribution of all promotional materials;
• Set realistic earned income goals as part of budgeting process;
• Supervise tracking of ticket sales and assure proper data base management;
• Supervise the creation of strategies to educate the public about the organization;
• Work with Board Chair in all matters affecting policy.
• Provide for staff liaison with all committees;
• Provide for reasonable clerical support to Board and committees;
• Regularly report to the full E/D Board;
• Act as liaison to Boards of partner organizations;
• Respond to all reasonable Board requests for information in a timely manner;
• Assess organizational needs and issues, bring them to the attention of the Board, and make recommendations for addressing them as appropriate;
• With the Board Chair, evaluate organizational activities and facilitate long-range planning.
Send resume to: Stephanie Pizzo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job