Executive Assistant to the Artistic Director
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Artistic Director of PAC, Bill Rauch. This role will be responsible for administrative support and project-based tasks and responsibilities. A critical function of this role is drafting, managing, and maintaining a detailed day-to-day run of show for the Artistic Director, providing support that is anticipatory, timely, and organized is integral to efficiency. The successful candidate will ensure that the team is operating at the highest level, by exercising an exacting attention to detail that fosters optimal information sharing, smooth workflow, and follow through.
This role requires an individual with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, who is agile, discreet, and organized with the confidence to ask pertinent questions, grasp concepts quickly, work accurately and consistently and think beyond specific tasks. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, motivated individual who is excited to be part of building a new organization, passionate about the performing arts, and believes in the power of the arts to contribute to a more equitable society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on administrative support to the Artistic Director, and by extension the Artistic Team, including scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, anticipating needs, and changing or rearranging meetings as appropriate, along with ensuring that any necessary administrative and technological resources are provided
- Prepare briefing materials and conduct research ahead of meetings and events
- Draft email correspondence, memos, briefings, presentations and recaps from meetings for a broad audience
- Track and handle all external and internal speaking and event inquiries
- Handle external Board roles and responsibilities, including synthesizing materials and communicating relevant information
- Collaborate across multiple departments and field inquiries to appropriate team members
- Respond to employee questions, prioritize communications to ensure timely responses to issues
- Manage and ensure appropriate follow-ups from all meetings and events
- Assist with Board Member engagement and management including sharing communications and vital information
- Handle all domestic and international travel arrangements and creating and managing trip itineraries, including occasional personal support
- Track Artistic department credit card expenses, receipts, and reimbursements
- Assist with coordination of critical and sensitive documentation
- Proactively assist with office administration, projects, events, and ad-hoc research support, including responding to priorities and resourcing needs as they shift
- Minimum 3 years executive assistant experience in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency in: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience handling data and operational reports; tech-savviness will be a plus
- Resourceful, motivated, efficient, proactive and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and to simultaneously provide support to multiple senior stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the demonstrated ability to effectively develop and maintain strong relationships – both verbally and in writing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Able to effectively receive and apply feedback
- Experience with discretion and managing confidential information
- Ability to uphold a professional demeanor under pressure
- A strong interest in a career in the Arts
- Sense of humor a plus
About The Ronald O. Perelman Performing Arts Center:
Following 9/11, the community and civic planning process that resulted in the World Trade Center master plan in 2003 envisioned a new performing arts center as one of the anchors of the site. Now under construction, The Ronald O. Perelman Performing Arts Center (the “PAC”) is the realization of that plan and process. The building is scheduled for completion in late 2022, with programming to begin in 2023. The PAC will be a new home for emergent and established artists in theater, dance, music, chamber opera, film, and media from New York City and around the world. Flexible in design, the PAC is fully responsive to artists’ creative visions. Intimate in scale, the PAC fosters an immediate connection between artists and audience members. The PAC’s projects will sometimes involve significant community participation and will always strive to have audiences reflect the work onstage. The PAC’s mission is to create connections by cultivating bonds between extraordinary artists and communities, with exemplary performances in active dialogue across the arts, and in our flexible, intimate spaces, inviting conversation and new relationships. Our art and our audiences reflect the dynamic energy of all five boroughs of New York City. Our work asks all of us to consider and embrace the complexities of society. Together, we welcome the entire world. The PAC is where the world trades ideas.
Please submit a resume and a statement of interest that explains how your experience is relevant to this opportunity to link here: airtable.com/shrpmfPUtFB0QAhFl .
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email with the subject line: “Executive Assistant to Artistic Director”.
No phone calls, please.
Annual salary range is $60,000 – $70,000 plus full benefits. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability benefits, and self-insured dental, vision and health care and dependent day care flexible spending accounts. Paid time off. Eligible for 401K enrollment with employer match.
Equal employment opportunity and a commitment to a diverse staff are fundamental principles at the PAC, where employment opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
We are requiring all new hires to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as per the December 27, 2021 mandate from the Commissioner of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The above requirements shall be subject to federal, New York State and New York City law. All COVID-19 rules and procedures shall be subject to change as new developments in health and safety continue to evolve.
Hybrid Work Policy:
The office is currently in hybrid mode, and staff are in the office at least 2-3 days a week. We expect to revisit the policy every few months.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, assistant, executive, and performing arts. States: New York.
Please Share the Executive Assistant to the Artistic Director job: