Internship Emerging Professional Resident in Casting
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is currently seeking an Emerging Professional Resident in Casting for the 2018/2019 season.
The Casting EPR will assist the Casting Director in all elements of the casting process, including organization of auditions, scheduling appointments, researching talent, and working as a monitor/reader for auditions. This individual will offer administrative and creative support primarily for casting 2018/19 New Play Development workshops, Rep Lab 2019, the 2019/20 season, and the 2019/20 cohort of Acting EPRs. The Casting EPR will also work closely with the 2018/19 Acting EPRs, supporting the development of their resumes, online profiles, and audition videos/reels. The Casting EPR will be a member of the Artistic EPR cohort and will participate in orientation and other cohort functions throughout the season.
- A minimum of two years in a theatrical setting, preferably with some working knowledge of arts administration Two of more years of relevant experience
- a passion for creating art in a major regional theater environment
- an eagerness to work in a collaborative, mission-driven organization
- strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- an ability to think about the work both critically and creatively
- a broad and inclusive worldview that respects the multiplicity of experiences in society today
The standard work week will be Monday through Friday, with hours dependent on variable needs of the Casting office. Some evening and weekend work will be expected.
While we welcome candidates with an acting or directing background, this residency is devoted to work in the Casting office and is not geared toward people who are seeking performance or directing experiences.
Housing/Transportation: All EPRs are housed in two/three bedroom apartments at the UWM Kenilworth Apartments. Each Resident has their own room and shares a common area/kitchen/bathroom with one to two other EPRs. Internet/cable and all utilities are included. Monthly bus passes are provided to all Residents.
Perks: In addition to professional development and networking opportunities, EPRs receive free tickets to The Rep productions, invitations to Angel events and the opportunity to participate in training and workshops.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following materials in one pdf document via e-mail to Frank Honts, Casting Director and Director of Emerging Professional Residency, at: firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Current Resume
- Three (3) References (including each Reference’s title and email/phone contact information)
- Written responses to the following questions:
- At this point in your career, why do you seek an Emerging Professional Residency in Casting?
- Why do you specifically seek an Emerging Professional Residency with Milwaukee Rep?
- What do you feel you could contribute to Milwaukee Rep?
- In your opinion, what is the role of theater in our society?
- What are your future goals?
- As you look at the Mission and Core Values of Milwaukee Rep, what speaks to you most as an artist? as a person? (Mission and Core Values can be accessed at:https://www.milwaukeerep.com/Inside-The-Rep/Mission–Values/
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Top candidates will be invited to participate in an in-person or Skype interview.
To learn more about The Rep’s Emerging Professional Residency program, please visit: https://www.milwaukeerep.com/Engage–Learn/Emerging-Professional-Residencies/
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater:
The Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of its community by creating world class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Producing over 600 performances in four distinct venues every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze.
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: arts administration and theatre. States: Wisconsin.
Please Share the Emerging Professional Resident in Casting job: