Full-Time Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for developing and executing all marketing, press and communications initiatives for the organization. This role interacts with all levels and aspects of the organization as well as outside creative and marketing agencies and requires the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and manage the work through the combined efforts of paid staff and volunteers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops, executes, and evaluates annual written marketing and communications plans for Orlando Ballet & Orlando Ballet School that meet or exceed attendance and revenue goals, further the Orlando Ballet brand, and align with the organization’s long-range plan.
- Collaborates with Audience Services to develop strategies to meet season subscription and single-ticket sales goals and increase group ticket sales efforts.
Implementation & Design:
- Manages all marketing and branding tasks, including but not limited to advertisements, development of print materials and the delivery of the purpose of the organization, including website and online platforms.
- Maintains stats and figures for all web and e-mail related aspects of the programs managed by the organization.
- Represents the organization and all related programs at community functions and meetings.
- Oversees the creative elements of show programs, ensuring accurate information and timely delivery.
- Responsible for all aspects of projects, including: meeting deadlines, time management, approval channels and procedures, budgeting, campaign analysis, and tracking/monitoring procedures.
- Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip marketing initiatives.
- Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, video production and web development, from the initial concept to finished product and execution.
- Create effective, compelling positioning, messaging, and sales tools that are understood and used.
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects.
- Manages a professional team that includes the School Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer, Marketing Assistant, as well as any outside consultants, volunteers, and interns related to marketing, public relations, and branding.
- Manages the archives of the organization, including materials, press coverage, as well as the distribution of collected press to sponsors, corporate and cultural partners.
- Manages relationships with external partners and vendors who provide design, printing, mailing, photography, videography, and other promotional services for the organization.
Social Media & Digital Communication:
- Administrates the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Identifies and improves organizational development aspects that would improve content (i.e. employee training).
- Creates and implements an editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promotes content through social advertising.
- Provides support in maintaining the organization’s website, including approving copy and images.
- Writes and dispatches email marketing campaigns.
- Works with the Development Department to identify areas and methods of collaboration to support fundraising initiatives.
- Attend all Orlando Ballet performances and functions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provides support for in-house events as well as outside events and coordinates volunteer support when needed.
- Performs additional duties as deemed appropriate.
- Willingness to work flexible hours is required.
- Demonstrates the ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates and ability to manage and work with volunteers.
- Demonstrates impeccable skills in working with the public, including positive attitude, flexibility, and the ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems.
- Visible leadership skills and desire to advance the organization.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- 5 + years related experience in marketing or communications is required; 2+ years in a senior position is preferred; Arts and cultural marketing/public relations experience is preferred.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related field is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills as well as excellent active listening skills and speech clarity is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required; experience in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design & Dreamweaver) is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and competitive with similar positions in the nonprofit arts industry.
Submit a cover letter, resume outlining your relevant experience, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Marketing” in the subject line.
Orlando Ballet is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: ballet, director, management, and marketing. States: Florida.
Please Share the Director of Marketing job: