Director of Grants and Allocations
The Director of Grants and Allocations leads the Grants Management team for the Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and detail oriented.
The Director of Grants and Allocations manages a portfolio of grants from state, local, and federal agencies as well as private philanthropic foundations.
The Director of Grants and Allocations oversees all externally focused grant making initiatives for the Arts Council including: Artists In Schools, Operating Support grants, Project Support grants, Mini Grants, Festival Park Space grants, Municipal Arts Allocations, and Artist Support Grants.
The Director of Grants and Allocations will also serve as a grant writer for the Arts Council.
The Director of Grants and Allocations supervises the Arts Education Manager and reports to the Executive Vice President.
Director of Grants and Allocations Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the grant lifecycle for Arts Council’s grants/funding programs.
- Oversee the organization’s grant-making process to include: establishing, publishing and distributing grant guidelines; soliciting grant proposals; assisting constituents with the development of grant applications and proposals; conducting grant workshops; providing technical assistance and review for grant proposals; contracting; monitoring funded projects; evaluating funded activities; reporting; maintaining grant files; & managing disbursements and other related correspondence.
- Coordinate the identification and recruitment of panelists and judges for grant review panels.
- Work closely with the Executive Vice President on financial, budget, guidelines, and other grant-related components.
- Provide staff support to appropriate committees of the Board of Trustees related to grant making policies, strategies, and guidelines.
- Provide analysis of grant making activities and assess community impact; prepare data for reports as required.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to provide timely and effective marketing information about the Arts Council’s grants programs, proposal solicitations, and public notification of awards.
- Maintain and update a Policies and Procedures Manual for grant-making programs.
- Maintain awareness of grant-making policies and procedures of other agencies and recommend possible changes to improve the grant-making process at the Arts Council.
- Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, oversee the portfolio of annual grants from the North Carolina Arts Council, the City of Fayetteville, and Cumberland County. This includes preparation of applications, interim reports, and annual final reports.
Programs and Operations
- Provide proactive support for Arts Council programs, festivals, special events, and other activities as directed by the Executive Vice President and the President/CEO.
- Understand and adhere to the budget of the Arts Council and abide by the guidelines set forth in the Arts Council By-laws, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Executive Vice President for Arts Council program monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with the Executive Vice President to negotiate/manage project-related contracts with consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Vice President, serve as a grant writer for Arts Council’s program and outreach activities. Collaborate with the Director of Development, Director of Finance, and the Director of Marketing to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and awards.
- Manage the day to activities of the Arts Education Manager.
- Provide oversight of the Artists In Schools program, Artist Support Grants, Mini Grants, Municipal Arts Allocations, Festival Park Space Grants, and Creative Arts and Military Outreach initiative.
- Collaborate with Arts Education Manager in contracting with schools, teaching artists, and other program-specific personnel.
Director of Grants and Allocations Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management or a related field.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in nonprofit grants administration and project management required.
- Experience with Foundant or other grant lifecycle management software preferred.
- Four years’ experience working collaboratively within an organizational team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and competing priorities; excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using standard office equipment and computer applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe.
- Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Director of Grants and Allocations Compensation and Benefits
The Director of Grants and Allocations for the Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County is a member of the organization’s Leadership Team. Compensation will range from $45,000 to $55,000 per year. After being vested with the organization, insurance benefits include health care, dental, and vision. Other benefits include paid time off and a matching contribution toward a qualifying simple IRA. The Director of Grants and Allocations position is a full-time, exempt position for the Arts Council. The Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates for the Director of Grants and Allocations position should send their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please include “Director of Grants and Allocations” in the subject line of your email.
The vacancy will remain open until filled.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, grants, management, and marketing. States: North Carolina.
Please Share the Director of Grants and Allocations job: