Full-Time Director of Education
42nd Street Moon (San Francisco, CA), a non-profit musical theatre production company celebrating its 26th season, is looking for a dynamic individual to become our Education Director and significantly expand our enrollment current offerings into a top-level year-round program. Full-time salaried position with start date of March 1, 2019.
MoonSchool is the Education and Outreach program of 42nd Street Moon which currently consists of thee two-week summer day camps for ages 8 to 18, four to six year-round classes in musical theatre skills, and family matinee performances of its mainstage productions, including activities, study guides and artist-led discussion sessions. The chosen candidate for this position will work with our executive staff and Board education committee to build this program into a complete musical theatre training program for students and adults.
This position will also have the ability to teach classes and/or direct (or choreograph or music direct) shows within the program; while not required, these opportunities are available and help build rapport with students and parents.
This position would report directly to the Executive Directors. Full-time salary would be commensurate with experience and performance, but would be competitive for non-profit arts positions in the Bay Area and would include full benefits.
- Work with current staff and Board committee to develop and implement a three to five-year business plan (including budgeting) to grow enrollment, tuition income, curriculum and programming at MoonSchool
- Develop curriculum for classes and camps, with an eye towards creating a five-day schedule of classes for all ages, expanding the summer camp program, strengthening the existing family matinee programs, and adding master classes, workshops, and other programming
- Work with current artistic staff to begin producing two to three fully-mounted musicals for youth during the season
- Work with current staff and Board committee to develop and strengthen connections with public and private schools, youth groups, and individual families to grow the student enrollment in each program as well as help develop and produce an in-class assembly program
- Work with marketing and business staff to ensure proper dissemination of class information and materials, implementation of enrollment/registration policies and procedures, and to maintain warm and proper relationships with students and parents
- For each component program, oversee the hiring of artistic staff and teaching artists, and be a presence in each program to ensure high standards of artistic quality and best practices in creating a safe and nurturing educational environment.
- Assist the executive staff and Board in all fundraising activities in support of MoonSchool
- Administrative experience building and managing similar youth programs for non-profit organizations
- Financial management experience with budgeting and scaling up a non-profit organization
- Ambition to become a long-term, full-time member of the Moon family
- Solid knowledge of musical theatre from 1920 to the present
- Extensive experience in performance, directing, and/or teaching in the arts
- Passion and drive to aggressively grow a dedicated full-time musical theatre training program in San Francisco
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references by January 15, 2019 to:
42nd Street Moon
Attn: Daniel Thomas
P.O. Box 426470
San Francisco, CA 94142
Or submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please e-mail email@example.comJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, education, management, teaching, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Director of Education job: