Director of Development
Since 2015, Mosaic Theater Company of DC has produced bold, culturally diverse theater that illuminates critical issues, elevates fresh voices, and sparks connections among communities throughout our region and beyond. Our values are collaboration, community, curiosity, equity, anti-racism and inclusivity. Mosaic produces six full productions, conducts year-round new play development, and implements robust community and audience engagement programs each season at the historic Atlas Performing Arts Center in northeast Washington, DC. The budget has ranged from $2M – $3M with more than half coming from philanthropy. Building on a bold strategic plan, Mosaic Theater is in growth mode.
The Director of Development will have the amazing opportunity to be a creative strategist, relationship builder and philanthropic leader. The DoD will partner with a passionate group of staff, Board members and volunteers to advance Mosaic’s development goals for growth. This position is ideal for a “rising star” in the development world who is ready to craft and lead a robust philanthropic program. There is a hybrid work policy and generous leave.
- Reports directly to Managing Director Serge Seiden and works closely with Artistic Director Reginald L. Douglas.
- Head of Department, managing two full-time staff: Manager of Institutional Giving and Donor Relations & Data Manager.
- Collaborates with other department heads and matkes material contributions to theater-wide strategy and operating decisions and plans.
- Works in partnership with the Board Development Committee and attends all Board meetings.
- Create and implement an annual development plan in line with the annual budget and overall strategic goals.
- Oversee the development team to ensure timely implementation of the development plan.
- Build and engage a portfolio of individual donors, foundations, companies and in-kind prospects to expand and ensure positive relationships, personal stewardship and increased giving.
- Serve as a philanthropic staff leader and support other staff and the Board in their development efforts and engagement.
- Contribute to the development of innovative fundraising strategies and creation of key fundraising materials including mailings, e-communications, Annual Report, etc.
- With support from staff and Board, plan and produce the annual benefit and donor cultivation events.
- Oversee gift processing, acknowledgement and data integrity through the CRM (Patron Manager).
- Execute, monitor and report to the Board on the development budget and progress against goals.
- Must be available some evenings and weekends in line with Mosaic’s theater season and programming.
- 3 – 5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience with demonstrated revenue and relationship success.
- Experience with local fundraising landscape and knowledge of key prospective donors preferred.
- Organized and inspiring team leader, who is able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people, and to motivate and engage staff, donors, volunteers.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, creative, persistent, resilient, and of impeccable integrity.
- Familiar with CRMs and fundraising tools including Patron Manager and iWave (preferred).
Salary Range: $80,000 – $85,000
- Four weeks paid time off plus holidays
- Health, dental and vision Insurance
- Simple IRA
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com,
Subject: Director of Development Position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please indicate where you found this ad.
Mosaic Theater Company of DC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants who understand and embrace the Mosaic’s mission to make transformational and socially-relevant art. Mosaic Theater is committed to providing a safe environment for all its employees free from discrimination on any ground and from harassment of any kind. We believe that corporations’ bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQ people, women, and people from working class backgrounds. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we encourage and welcome applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, director, and performing arts. States: DC.
Please Share the Director of Development job: