Full-Time Director of Community Engagement
Open Arts Alliance is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We are a professional theatre company that is dedicated to bringing arts enrichment to healthcare facilities, hospitals, schools and venues that have traditionally been under served by the performing arts. By utilizing students and teaching artists, we facilitate social service outreach for senior citizens with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s Disease.
Open Arts Alliance currently offers 5 educational outreach programs.
The Director of Community Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of arts education programs that serve the mission and are financially profitable for the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist the Artistic Director with strategic planning and season programming to promote overall growth of the organization
• Develop and execute comprehensive, financially self-sustaining arts education programs for students aged 6-18 years old that include:
• Fee-based educational classes
• Educational materials and curriculum
• Marketing plan and marketing materials
• Manage, recruit, and retain teaching artists as needed
• Nurture and develop creative relationships with other non-profit organizations, artists, companies, and audiences
• Identify new markets and opportunities for growth to establish a sustainable stream of revenue
• Required: University degree and three years experience in theatre education.
• Proven experience in marketing and sales.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Works independently and as part of a team (strong interpersonal skills).
• Cultivate and motivate volunteers and staff.
• Website design experience preferred.
• An understanding of the non-profit, volunteer and social services sector.
• Work flexible hours.
• Access to a vehicle.
Open Arts Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, age, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Criminal background checks are required for prospective applicants.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit:
Submission Deadline: September 15th, 2020
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, arts education, development, director, non-profit, performing arts, and theatre. States: Connecticut.
Please Share the Director of Community Engagement job: