Full-Time Director of Advancement
CTC is proud to be an organization where a diverse mix of talented, committed and enthusiastic people gather to do their best work. We celebrate the glorious richness of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity as we create exceptional theatre experiences. Our success is dependent on the leadership, commitment and passion of our staff. We seek to build teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences, who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives.
CTC, one of the nation’s largest, fully producing professional theatre companies for youth, is accepting applications for a Director of Advancement to play a key leadership role in managing, driving and implementing a successful plan to secure and grow our theatre’s budget.
Our Director of Advancement reports directly to the Managing Director, serves on the senior leadership team and supervises a three-person development team.
Lead and Direct our Fundraising and Philanthropic Strategy
- Design, manage, and constantly enhance the theatre’s process for an integrated approach to fund development and philanthropy that specifically targets foundations, corporations, and individuals (including major gifts and planned giving) so that short- and long-term revenue streams can be established and realized.
- Increase and diversify revenues through the implementation of a comprehensive, annual development plan.
- Provide oversight to annual fundraising events.
Donor Development and Cultivation
- Serve as the theatre’s ambassador, working to build and maintain strong relationships with key funders, community leaders, board members and other relationships critical to the fundraising efforts. Cultivate prospects and solicit contributions when appropriate.
- Design, implement and maintain a communications plan to ensure stewardship and donor/prospect engagement are maximized.
- Strategically leverage the time, talent, resources and connections of all Board members to support the fundraising strategy.
- Lead the Board’s Development Committee.
- Work with the Managing Director to identify and recruit new Board candidates.
- Provide overall leadership, through staff, with the Theatre’s volunteer corp.
Senior Leadership Team Member
- Participate as a contributing member of the senior leadership staff of Children’s Theatre of Charlotte.
- Take an organizational view of key challenges and opportunities from a strategic planning standpoint, adding insight and ideas.
- Work in tandem with other organizational leaders in support of the mission of the theatre.
Planning, Budgeting & Controls
- Define performance measures for fundraising success and monitor/report results on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage an annual Development budget that includes revenue and expense projections by contribution category to assure annual goals are achieved.
- Performs all functions and conducts all communications with the goal of fulfilling the Mission Statement and Core Values of Children’s Theatre of Charlotte.
What we’re looking for…
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission and vision of Children’s Theatre of Charlotte.
- Minimum B.A., B.F.A., or B.B.A.
- Proven professional leadership experience in a responsible development role.
- Model a high level of accountability and personal integrity; able to communicate across the organization openly and with respect.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop long-term and constructive relationships with people from all segments of the community.
- Prior experience working with a nonprofit Board of Directors and in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with demonstrated consistent sound judgment and decision making
- Willing to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet demands of the position.
- Supervisory and leadership experience in developing, engaging and managing a team and demonstrating commitment to professional growth and development for themselves and team.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Able to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity.
Candidates should go to ttp://bit.ly/CTC-Director-of-Advancement to submit a general employment application. With the application, candidate can include a 250-word case statement of support for Children’s Theatre of Charlotte. Include 1-page cover letter outlining key fundraising successes and a description of your proven leadership results. Accepting application through November 15 or until position is filled.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. States: North Carolina.
Please Share the Director of Advancement job: